Cozumel- important new diver and reservations questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wolfgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Hi- I got certified a month ago and am going to Cozumel next month. Since my certification I haven't had a chance to do any dives on my own to practice (we're trying, but if it happens it'll only be once before we go on the trip). I have a dive book on Cozumel and it only rates about 2 dive locations as okay for novice divers. To my extreme disappointment, it recommends that newbies NOT dive any walls there (b/c of currents that can go up and down, and if you're not good with buoancy control you can get pulled down deeper than you should go). That was one thing I was really looking forward to- I've been told I must see the walls there.

Can anyone who's been to Coz comment on this? I did really well in my open water class and am fairly good at buoancy control- although obviously I have little experience. Will they let me see the walls? btw, I have also never done boat or drift diving- will this be a problem or will I catch on quickly?

My second question is do we need to make dive reservations ahead of time? We're both very busy and are slowly researching the various operations but at this point I'm tempted to just go and sign up when we get there. This will be the 3rd week in May. Would we have trouble getting dive trips if we wait til we're there to reserve?

Thanks a lot!

Wolfgirl

Wolfgirl:
I live in Cozumel and work in a Dive shop. What we do with people like you is they try first a normal two tk dive the first day and depending how the instructor feels you are and of course how you felt, you go the next day to any wall. Our e-mail is snorkcen@cozumel.com.mx I could e-mail you our prices if you want. Take care and I promisse you'll love our Island!!!!

Your mexican friend,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom