Cozumel Movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bradsab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Gang-

Below are two links to a movie from when my son and I went diving for four days in early March. We did ten dives in all, including two night dives. The first day we met up with some friends who were on the last day of their trip, and they appear in some of the early clips. In general, the clips appear in the order they were filmed, but I grouped them into two day dives and one night dive for this movie. There is one clip of a Nurse Shark from a previous Cozumel trip; my old camera did not have HD capability and the video quality was poor, and the shark was the only clip worth saving so I incorporated it into this movie. I have a Canon SD960IS and a DIY video light. The movie is split into two segments because of YouTube size constraints, each being about ten minutes long. YouTube's HD resolution isn't quite as fine as the camera's, but it's still good enough to watch full screen if you have decent connection speeds. This was my first real attempt at u/w video, and it's been fun sharing the lower half of God's magnificent creation with non-divers, and making divers yearn for the sea. Hope you enjoy.

-Brad

Part 1 YouTube - DIVING COZUMEL, MARCH 2010, PART 1 in HD

Part 2 YouTube - DIVING COZUMEL, MARCH 2010, PART 2 in HD

I'm disappointed in a few things, might post the links on the u/w video forum for feedback, but one issue is with YouTube; maybe some of you have expirence with that. My movies played on YouTube aren't smooth; many segments have little momentary freezes causing the motion to jerk or skip, or something. When I watch the movie from my hard drive or from the DVD I burned, it doesn't do that. This is the first time I've uploaded anything on YouTube, and I don't know if I did something wrong, or if this is a common problem with YouTube. Haven't really noticed it in other videos I've watched. Any ideas?

I'm disappointed in a few things, might post the links on the u/w video forum for feedback, but one issue is with YouTube; maybe some of you have expirence with that. My movies played on YouTube aren't smooth; many segments have little momentary freezes causing the motion to jerk or skip, or something. When I watch the movie from my hard drive or from the DVD I burned, it doesn't do that. This is the first time I've uploaded anything on YouTube, and I don't know if I did something wrong, or if this is a common problem with YouTube. Haven't really noticed it in other videos I've watched. Any ideas?

All in all, this was a really great piece of work for first time out. Real steady hand, especially during the "flybys" in the current, nice cuts and the music was perfect. The light worked really well on the night dives, too. Try posting on vimeo.com and see if you don't get better results with smoothness on playback. It's downloadable in mp4 on vimeo so you can share it and you'll get better resolution (1280x720), too.

All in all, this was a really great piece of work for first time out. Real steady hand, especially during the "flybys" in the current, nice cuts and the music was perfect. The light worked really well on the night dives, too. Try posting on vimeo.com and see if you don't get better results with smoothness on playback. It's downloadable in mp4 on vimeo so you can share it and you'll get better resolution (1280x720), too.

Thanks geokr-
I don't think I can post on vimo out of Cyberlink's PowerProducer, only YouTube and FaceBook. And when I burn the movie to disc, it splits it into several files, and the menu automatically sequences them, so I don't have a single file to upload. I have other issues with PowerProducer, but I think I'll post them on the video forum for feedback.

To answer my own question, I think the problem is with PowerDirector. I rendered Parts 1 & 2 into a file on my hard drive, then uploaded them from my account in YouTube.
YouTube - Diving Cozumel, March 2010, Part 1
YouTube - Diving Cozumel, March 2010, Part 2
The motion is smooth in these clips, but for some reason they aren't HD. Don't know if I did something wrong, if it's a YouTube problem, or another glitch with PowerProducer. For anyone interested, I posted a thread about PowerProducer 8 editing software here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/production/335085-cyberlink-powerdirector-8-a.html

Last edited:
One thing you should do for watching YouTube is to make sure that you are running the latest version of Flash that your CPU and OS can handle. I had severe freezing probs with YouTube until I upgraded my Flash player. Another thing that helps sometimes is to pause the video until it loads completely before you try to watch.

I think the problem is with the video. It does the same thing when I watch it from other computers, and it does it in exactly the same places every time.

Very nice Bradsab. Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this. The original posting was unwatchable for me, the second was fine. Oh Cozumel!

Back
Top Bottom