Cozumel questions for July Honeymoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst thing you can do is respond to a troll. This is common knowledge. All the attention this has gotten has just taken away from this thread, but one troll post ignored is just one post...not 20 that reference it.

It doesn't really matter...anyone who doesnt go along with the maintstream way of thinking will always be thought of as a troll...no matter what my intentions are..joking, etc...if you feel that strongly about what I say than just ignore it or better yet just put me on your ignore list. By responding you are just making it that worse. DONT FEED THE TROLLS!!!

jepuskar:
...anyone who doesn't go along with the maintstream way of thinking will always be thought of as a troll...no matter what my intentions are..joking, etc...

That's just not so. Difference of opinion is one thing; inciting conflict for one's own entertainment, i.e, trolling, is quite another. Engaging people in activity that is fun for you but not for them is bad form, IMO; the folks that are being used in such a way tend to get angry. Understandably, I might add.

Folks,

Trolling is, by definition, not what we expect from our members. This Board exists for the exchange of information, to help members in their growth, education, and enjoyment of the sport of scuba diving, and its allied activities.

Trolling, whatever the reason put forth, is actually an intentional de-railing of the purposes of this Board.

The staff of this Board, from the owner on down, actively discourages trolling in all of its forms and, given the relative severity in particular cases, will take active measures to stop it.

R. Davie
Scuba Board Staff

SO Crazyduck, when will you be down? I have a trip in July as well....and I agree with everyone else, depending on the amount of your father in laws leg problems, he most likely wouldnt need the scooter in Coz due to the almost constant current. Again it depends on the degree of use he has, but give a description and the people on here should be able to give you a good idea of what he could expect diving in Coz.

:)

Hey Rob,
You’ve been a busy gentleman. Sorry for the mess in the sandbox sir.

Ladies and Gentleman,
Thank you for answering my questions and providing me with ideas that had not crossed my mind.

If someone brought in scooters by Rodney they are Silent Submersions- and they are very fast and are not recreational units. SeaDoos are just something for him to zip around on to keep the irritation to a minimum.

Arrival for my gang is the week of July the 10th.
We have a very (yawn) early flight in so I am hoping to ditch my bags at the office, grab some weight and jump off the end of the pier! Flip my computer to air (the travesty of not diving nitrox) weight check, short dive, drinks and solid lunch. See when we can get settled into the room.

I had considered that drifting should be easy enough, but was not positive it applied to the shallows also- that’s great to hear.

Thanks for all the recommendations for dive outfits. I will be checking into them.

Moodiejeff- great trip reports they were very helpful in getting an idea of possible opportunities and who the players of the neighborhood are.

The gentleman that PM’d me thanks and the info was very helpful.

In closing great group and all thoughts and ideas are appreciated. I would have responded earlier but my fiancés sister is due anytime with her first child and we spent a fair amount of time with her this weekend. I can see at least one late night this week.

Thanks again, and I will be keeping an eye on the board.

Gracias, Andrew

Christi:
Thank you Gordon...this too is a service to the board to further illustrate the intentions and motives of this childish individual...I've simply been ignoring him, but these things do help validate my personal opinions of this troll...since he is a sel-proclaimed troll, that is not name-calling.

In light of all of this, I vote to have him banned form the board. He has CLEARLY violated board protocol and clearly has ill willed intentions for participating here.

I can't agree with you more Christy. I must say one more thing to help explain to those who never saw what was edited by the moderators. After I get this off of my chest, I'm done responding to this kind of stuff. I was accused here on this board by this troll of printing a private message of his which was not true. I've never received any pm from him. That is an outright lie about me. That lie was told to the moderator which was why all of this editing came about. What I did post was a publicly posted thread by the troll himself about his admittance of being a troll. Anyone could have seen it and I won't go into detail here as I don't want to upset any moderators. I just didn't like a lie about me here and a troll going on destroying the enjoyment of this site and the valuable information that we receive from each other. He even later said that we should not respond to his antics. Well, he shouldn't start them either. OK, I'm done here. Let's enjoy this Cozumel forum.

Matt

Christi:
In light of all of this, I vote to have him banned form the board. He has CLEARLY violated board protocol and clearly has ill willed intentions for participating here.

I am suprised that the moderators didn't/have stepped in and taken care of this problem a long time ago. He admitted to trolling this forum. I have had him on "ignore" for over a week just to avoid the useless and negative posts. Any other forum that I visit would have at least temporarily given him a trip to banned camp quite a while ago.

Andrew has received the information he requested. This thread has been twisted too far out of shape for its intended purpose, and is now closed.

R. Davie
SB Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom