Crowley's day in Sharm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks again guys - I had one of the best dives at Thistlegorm that I've made as a guide, and I still find myself with both arms and both legs, although I am not certain where I left my head. If anybody finds it, please let me know.

One oceanic sighted again at Shark and Yolanda - sadly not by me as I was inside a big metal box.

Cheers

C.

Thanks again guys - I had one of the best dives at Thistlegorm that I've made as a guide, and I still find myself with both arms and both legs, although I am not certain where I left my head. If anybody finds it, please let me know.

One oceanic sighted again at Shark and Yolanda - sadly not by me as I was inside a big metal box.

Cheers

C.

:confused: Are you OK ? Hope "big metal box" isn't a metaphore for chamber.
Take care, I like reading your day reports

I was thinking "kind of round shaped box". So, is the "big metal box" what you guys call the Thithlegorm ? Or the nickname of a local pub ? :wink:

Some interesting thoughts banging around in my head (I'm land locked here in Utah waiting for months before my next dive - thinking and not diving, a sure formula for random data review). I consider that bulls bite more people than any other species of sharks - as reported in modern times, due in very large part to the overlap of bull shark and people habitat - along beaches. I know that Oceanic white tips live in generally baren open waters and if they get a chance to eat something - well, I don't think they have much compunction about humans (see jaws, ok that is a bit scary, using Jaws as a factual reference) given what happened with the Indanappolis. Now perhaps more than usual you have the opportunistic oceanic white tips interacting with humans. Not a great equation for success but then the reality is that such crossing over of territory has been going on there since man first started diving in the Red Sea, just got an anomoly going on right now. I have not changed my attitude toward diving with sharks which is, bring them on, great photo opp, except for the big 4. Great whites, tigers, bulls, and oceanic white tips. Those guys are on my "calmly surface and carefully get the hell out of the water list. After finishing my dive of course.

Crowley, those were great posts.

although I am not certain where I left my head. If anybody finds it, please let me know.

C.

Crowley,

I believe your head is probably still attached but you were probably upside down and all the blood had rushed to it - which makes you only think you lost it. I do have several pictures of you that proves this is the most likely scenario!

As for the divers who wanted to go to another location because that one was boring - goodness, if only they weren't customers you could have knocked some sense into them.... geeessshhh....

I wish we could figure out a way to dive next July with ya as we had the best time diving with you this past May. However, if you want to come tour Luxor and/or Cairo with us, catch a plane and we can see the topside sights with you.

Karen

I have not changed my attitude toward diving with sharks which is, bring them on, great photo opp, except for the big 4. Great whites, tigers, bulls, and oceanic white tips.
Also encountering a Mako I would prefere to have a reef/wall behind me...

Hi Annlaur I'm fine thanks - i meant big metal box as a euphemism for the thistlegorm, not the chamber :)

farside and the others - thanks for the compliments, I am glad you enjoyed reading them - I should probably start a blog or something.

Karen - still love standing on my head (when I can find it) underwater and think I should patent my own particular form of underwater breakdancing. If you do come back over, just let me know and I'll make sure I am your guide.

Cheers all - having a well earned day off today - so no news, although I did see a small white tip reef shark at Woodhouse yesterday - wonder how many of my divers popped themselves when I gave a wave and made the "shark" signal! :D

C.

okay what he actually said was "nein - so dem naeschsten tauchplatz gehen; diese war langweilig. Schoen, aber langweilig"

...sorry - my german grammar (and spelling) is a bit poo... :D

Cheers

C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom