CSSP on Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it was a beautiful day at picturesque Clear Springs Scuba Park. The brace of divers included Ryanh1985 and myself with surface support and drysuit consulting provided by Texdiveguy. All I can say is the Amish better look out or Tex will make off with all their clientele.

The main purpose for my diving was as a shakedown cruise for the new Pinnacle Evolution 2 drysuit. Alan was on hand with donning assistance and technique suggestions. He said his shoulder hurt but I'm thinking he was being a gentleman and not showing me up with his madd skilz.

Dive 1
Ryan and I head out from the pavillion by the fill station. I dump my BC and duck and kick for the bottom. My fins stick out of the water. I'm going nowhere fast. :shakehead: Somehow I make my way down to 15' and my suit compresses enough to stay there. I know I'm light but I might as well make the best of it, right? 18 minutes into the dive, I'm at 2000 psi and slowly start drifting up. I dump all the air I can but to no avail. Dive 1 is over with a 75 yard surface swim ahead. We make it back and enjoy a nice surface interval before gearing up for Dive 2. I add 6 lbs.

Dive2
We drop down along the west shore hydrilla. Weighting feels good. All systems are go. I get a tap on my shoulder. Ryan is having problems with his tank. I check it and it looks secure so we proceed. We make it to turn pressure and head back. In the mean time I have been tapping my suit inflator occasionally and dumping BC air to stay neutral just to get use to the new setup. Once again I get too light and cork. Again I arranged for a nice surface swim for us. This time around 100 yards. BTW, I didn't charge Ryan any extra for the free workout because that's just the kind of guy I am. :)

Two short but successful dives and so much better than the pool work I did on Wednesday. Afterward, Grumpymedic stopped by and introduced himself and his friend Aaron. He had been out working on his new drysuit technique as well.

Good dives and good conversation. ZzzKing out.

Great dives, thanks for letting me tag along.. Nice to meet everyone today. I believe water temp was 46, but ill have to double check my computer(for any one that was wondering).

Yep the old right shoulder was not up tp gearing up or diving today :( BUT it was a great day just hanging out with ZzzKing and Ryan85. ZzzKing got one sweet new dry suit!!!!! It was a pleasure meeting and talking with Ryan85....and also getting to meet Grumpymedic and Aaron. Nice day at the pond!

' King I heard rumors about your new set of threads......

The Bones have been Rattlin' too so I knew something was up.

Dude, a new dry suit.... Wow.....:14:

'Can't wait to check it out. :D

' King I heard rumors about your new set of threads......

The Bones have been Rattlin' too so I knew something was up.

Dude, a new dry suit.... Wow.....:14:

'Can't wait to check it out. :D

I figured you folks in East Texas had some salves or balms that would cure chainsaw induced Cat Scratch Fever so I was figuring you would show up out of the blue. No such luck. Ryan had to do with conversation and yarnspinning by Alan and me. Of course we can't hold a candle to your own particular skills in this area.

I guess you saw a temp of 46. That's not much colder than the 110' in Broken Bow dive you did last summer in your John bottoms and camo gloves. You would have felt right at home.

It was nice to meet all of you! Maybe next time we can hook up and dive together. It was a great day for diving or floating feet first up to the surface:shakehead: Man dry suit diving can be tough! I promised myself I would do at least 20 dives on it before chucking it in the trash:D. Be safe!

Back
Top Bottom