Dacor Viper Metal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've seen these around my local waters being used somewhat. This is not the standard Dacor Viper but the Viper METAL.

What are your opinions on this regulator? I've been looking for something "new" and thought about this setup especially for singles. I currently dive with a Scubapro MK20 / G250 combo and it works good but like I said I was just looking for something "new".

I'm sure there will not be any performance gains going from the MK20/G250 to the Viper METAL will there?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Your reg is better. I have owned and dove both.

I trully thought as much. Cerich, does Oceanic sell the 2nd stages seperately? I tried out a CDX5 wit a Zeta 2nd and all I can say is WOW! If I really need air...I get the air! I thougth about changing my G250 to backup and using the Zeta first stage as my primary reg. That is if I can get my LDS to order the Zeta 2nd by itself.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Yes we do but the Zeta is discontinued, I'm not sure if we have just the second stage in stock or not. It's a Monday type question!

WarmGoingCold:
What is the disadvantage to the viper metal? I have quite a few dives on it and I love it. I tried numerous rental regs before purchasing my viper.

It's not a case of disadvantages it a case of performance, his current reg spanks the Viper Metal.

Which is not to say the Viper metal isn't a good peformer. The Viper Metal is a V good cold reg, the swivel on the first stage reduces jaw fatigue and look pretty cool.

Thanks Cerich,
I'll call Susan at DS and have her get me one.

Thanks,
Jeremy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom