Dear Dork Divers Advice Column – Ask us your questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RoyN:
AAAAHHHHH!!! :11: She is glaring at me, she knows I did something stupid and horrible which I did. Well, gotta hide now! :sofa:

Roy... Real dorks don't hide! :D :rofl3: We proclaim our dorkdom proudly! Now... get out from behind that couch! You :dork2: :rofl3:

LandShark... welcome to dorkhood... dorkdom... oh, heck! Proud to have another :dork2: here! :D

uh oh, looks like the couch broke. Well back to being a complete dork :D :dork2:

Natasha:
You both sound like me. And they accepted me..so I think you're in! Welcome~~~

I actually put my gear on and sat at the bottom of my swimming pool last week..so I think I'm pretty hard up and dorky..then my 19 year old came home from work and did it too... we're a whole family of dorks.

hahahahahhaha!

I was supposed to get home Tues nite but ended up being too tired so I got home Weds afternoon instead. If I'd have gotten home Tues, I was planning to help my LDS with his seal team divers at the outdoor pool- they were doing a night dive. He totally didn't need my help but I was desperate to just go sit in the water and blow bubbles! Alas, I was in too much of a rush to make it happen...

Soon, my little Dork Diver, soon...

Dear Dork Diver,

In the absence of time and opportunity to dive, I've found my self making purchases. I've bought several t-shirts and mugs from Lisa's cafepress shop (in my sig line- Shark Bites) behind my husband's back. I also bought a Dork Diver mug and t-shirt from the dork diver website (also in my sig line, between the cheery dorks). I ordered a hooded vest and dive socks from my LDS and I'm hoping to buy a new (to me) reg. All behind my husband's back.

The t-shirts came in before I got home and I got busted!

Am I doomed?

Sincerely,
Cuddles With Dive Gear for Emotional Support

trucker girl:
Dear Dork Diver,

In the absence of time and opportunity to dive, I've found my self making purchases. I've bought several t-shirts and mugs from Lisa's cafepress shop (in my sig line- Shark Bites) behind my husband's back. I also bought a Dork Diver mug and t-shirt from the dork diver website (also in my sig line, between the cheery dorks). I ordered a hooded vest and dive socks from my LDS and I'm hoping to buy a new (to me) reg. All behind my husband's back.

The t-shirts came in before I got home and I got busted!

Am I doomed?

Sincerely,
Cuddles With Dive Gear for Emotional Support

Well you can always use my address for shipping and I will gladly take your problems off your hands!

When I was learning to crochet a few years back I became majorly addicted to it, and I was forever sneaking in bags of wool.

Hey - maybe I should crochet myself a new BC :dork2:

This remind me (I know, wrong thread, but if I don't post it right away I'll forget to post it and I'll feel like I'm missing something for the rest of the day...).

I'm going to have to see if the nail place in town has "I'm not really a waitress" OPI nail polish! I think I already have the rhinestones... I did a makeshift pedi last night but I'm missing one of my tools so it wasn't up to my standards... tonight's the night if I don't forget (and wind up feeling like I'm missing something for the rest of the day).

Dear Dork Diver,

Yesterday at Portage Quarry I forgot my booties at home and had to wear rental booties out of my LDS's extra dive gear, I almost wore my sunglasses into the water and I forgot to turn on my air for the first 2 out of 3 dives. I also forced open the door of the changing room only to find a half naked guy who was trying (unsuccessfully) to keep the door shut. And, no, it wasn't a good view. So, and I too much of a dork to be a Dork Diver? I did not put my wetsuit on backwards, so I must have been doing something right...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom