Dear Dork Divers Advice Column – Ask us your questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erparamedic:
No worries... mine were nekkid at the LGWW. :wink:
Phew!!!

On another note:
I caved and bought myself some of those Crocs, in a soft lime green from ebay. Now my daughter and WB won't be seen with me in public if I wear them.:(

UUUUUUGLY, but darn they're comfy.:crafty:

erparamedic:
Roy, my dorky friend... you seem way too worried about your acceptance to dorkdom. :wink:

Have no worries... you're quite the dork! :D (And we like you that way! :))

YAY!!!.....now what do I do now...?

RoyN:
YAY!!!.....now what do I do now...? :confused:

C'mon! Do you have ask that question? Maybe you're really not a Dork Diver after all!

The answer to your question is: HAVE FUN!!!!!!!

MeiLing:
C'mon! Do you have ask that question? Maybe you're really not a Dork Diver after all!

The answer to your question is: HAVE FUN!!!!!!!

I GOT IT!!! I KNOW What i'm going to DO!!!

I'm going to sit in front of the house except on Wednesday and Saturday (I go diving on those days) to wait for my Mozart DVD to come home :D

etart00115(220).jpg

Does anybody have a copy of it, maybe if I could borrow it, then I won't have to wait for it in the mail.

Okay I think I'm completely losing myself slowly and slowly...oh what the heck, I'm already lost. :D

pennypue:
On another note:
I caved and bought myself some of those Crocs, in a soft lime green from ebay. Now my daughter and WB won't be seen with me in public if I wear them.:(

Uh oh - what's wrong with Crocs? I own a pair. Are they dorky?

pennypue:
Phew!!!

On another note:

Oh, I think they're jealous! I have a pair of purple crocs! I wore them at the LGWW... but I think that every time I saw you, I was still in my wetsuit and boots. :wink: Crocs rule! And, it's all the more reason to come dive with us on Saturday... cause we don't mind crocs!

I'll wear my purple ones. :D

Dear Dork Diver,
I don't get to dive near as much as I would like thanks to things like work and family. I'm worried that becuse I'm not diving daily or hourly that I'm in some way less of a diver. Is this so?!?

See, I live in New Jersey and I don't really care for diving in cold dark water. I'm also a fisherman (yes, I play on both side of the Force), so I'm quite familar with the local aquatic life and if they're as ugly as I've seen above water, I can't image down below they're going to look any better. My wife and I would rather dive in warm water and see pretty fish and coral (I know...hardly a reason to dive).

Since we don't get out often, we go to a pool and practice our skills. Now when do this, it's not uncommon to find us swimming about with, oh gee this is soooo hard, with snorkels. Needless to say they don't match our gear color. None of which matches anyway and some of which was bought used.

Is there any hope for people like us??!?

Landshark95:
Dear Dork Diver,
I don't get to dive near as much as I would like thanks to things like work and family. I'm worried that becuse I'm not diving daily or hourly that I'm in some way less of a diver. Is this so?!?

See, I live in New Jersey and I don't really care for diving in cold dark water. I'm also a fisherman (yes, I play on both side of the Force), so I'm quite familar with the local aquatic life and if they're as ugly as I've seen above water, I can't image down below they're going to look any better. My wife and I would rather dive in warm water and see pretty fish and coral (I know...hardly a reason to dive).

Since we don't get out often, we go to a pool and practice our skills. Now when do this, it's not uncommon to find us swimming about with, oh gee this is soooo hard, with snorkels. Needless to say they don't match our gear color. None of which matches anyway and some of which was bought used.

Is there any hope for people like us??!?

You both sound like me. And they accepted me..so I think you're in! Welcome~~~

I actually put my gear on and sat at the bottom of my swimming pool last week..so I think I'm pretty hard up and dorky..then my 19 year old came home from work and did it too... we're a whole family of dorks.

YellowfinKunkfish:

AAAAHHHHH!!! :11: She is glaring at me, she knows I did something stupid and horrible which I did. Well, gotta hide now! :sofa:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom