Death off of Manasquan NJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brielle, NJ.

Isn't that where all the boats that go to the big wrecks come out of? The ones that go to the Andria Doria, for example?

I'm sorry for the crew.

Reactions: RJP
Brielle, NJ.

Isn't that where all the boats that go to the big wrecks come out of? The ones that go to the Andria Doria, for example?

I'm sorry for the crew.

It's where most of the south Jersey trips go out of. The Doria trips leave from further north usually.

Blaming the GB for this is premature and irresponsible. They handled the last two incidents admirably, and I haven't ever seen anything to suggest they wouldn't handle this with the same professionalism.

I'm sure the boat and crew were not failing in anyway, and another death for them to deal with is hard on them still. Someone dies on your tour bus and you'd still be bothered, but diving is closer knit than that.

I was standing on the dock talking to the Captain and one of the passengers right before they left port. I would have been on the boat without hesitation if I wasn't going with some friends on another boat. My condolences to the victim's family, as well as to Capt. Jim and the other passengers and crew who had a bad day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RJP
The Gypsy Blood is a well run charter. I have dove with them many times. Please wait for more information before jumping to conclusions.

If you broke your leg while skiing would you blame the lift that brought you to the top of the mountain? Food for thought...

My sympathies to the family of the deceased as well as to the crew.

I've been diving the Gypsy with Jim and his crew for years. Great bunch !! They bust their asses to make the Gypsy the safest, most fun dive boat I've ever been on. And I've been on a lot !! I feel bad for all involved.

Ray- do you have any futher info on the accident itself?

I have never been diving off the East coast. It sounds like the dive op is solid from the previous posts.

Unfortunately, people die doing what they love.

In Colorado, we just set a new record high for deaths in the mountains - 18.

Back
Top Bottom