DEPP Response Time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SPG3K

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've tried voicemails, phone calls and email, but cannot seem to get in touch with anyone from DEPP.

Once you sign up, how long does it take them to get back to you with a certificate of coverage or policy binder or something?

I've called both offices and left messages for both and cannot get a response.

I'm considering having the charge reversed from my account. If this is the quality of service I can expect when I have a claim, I may be better off to pay for H20 insurance.

It'll take a week or 2 to get the certificate in the mail. You can also request it via the website. They suck at timely communication but they do pay out. I had a claim on my video camera a couple months ago and they paid for the repair directly. My video strobe is getting fixed now and I'm not concerned that they will pay. I don't understand why their responses take so long if at all, but they do pay in a timely manner.

My certificate arrived about a month after I applied. Had no idea I was covered until the trip was over, so I was kind of praying, but it seems I was (according to the paperwork) and everyone I know who has claimed, has actually been paid.

Z...

Just received the check for my first claim ever with them. It took some time... due in part to a delay in my submitting final details, but they paid in a timely enough fashion for me to be happy with it.

I agree with the others. We signed up with them 2 years ago and I remember it took a long time for them to verify that we were covered.

Then we had a camera flood last year. From start to finish it took about 2 months for them to pay off. No argument, just that when we reminded them several weeks after the claim they said they lost our paperwork. Once we resent it they paid off without a problem.

Even though they are slow (I have no idea why) their rates are good and they do pay up and don't play games when you make a claim (friends of mine used them before I signed up wth them).

Wally

They are very slow. Their answering machine message says that they will get back to you within 24 (48?) hours. I started reminding them of that when I leave a message. I do most of my coverage updates by e-mail. My two claims have been completed in a reasonable (although not speedy) amount of time. My most recent claim was four months ago.

I think that things are so slow because they have only a couple of employees.

David

Back
Top Bottom