Destin Jetties Dive Report 2-10-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seayoda, time to motorize that yacht!

Or bribe someone into pushing it for you. (Think beer)

Yes! Lets do it again, I wanna get a better idea on how uncovered the bottom is out there. I made it to about 42', but not back out to the end of the point by any means.

One things for sure, the shell bed is back!

Holy cow I think saltwatertides was covering their behind and changed the tide tables after the fact. I too thought we decided that 3:30 was a good time :shakehead:. GLENFWB are you sure you pulled up February and not March? :rofl3: Oh well. Lets do this again soon. Looks like if we would have been there at 1:00 pm we would of had a really nice dive. looking forward to checking out that shell bed for a couple cool sand dollars for the kids.

I can't find where we posted the tides...do you know where it was? I want to see where we got that time from. I think they changed the tides just to make "someone" look like a dork! Oh well, lets plan another and redeem ourselves.

Holy cow I think saltwatertides was covering their behind and changed the tide tables after the fact. I too thought we decided that 3:30 was a good time :shakehead:. GLENFWB are you sure you pulled up February and not March? :rofl3: Oh well. Lets do this again soon. Looks like if we would have been there at 1:00 pm we would of had a really nice dive. looking forward to checking out that shell bed for a couple cool sand dollars for the kids.

nice pics in low vis, mine are usually littered with backscatter in vis like that. Nice report, lesson learned...saltwater tides might not always be right. One time I checked their forecast for the PC jetties, showed up and the tide was about 3 hours off. Went home, checked NOAA, and they had it dead on. go figure, lol.

The trick to taking pictures in low visibility seems to be get really, REALLY close and pray :D.

I was really interested in all the small rock area on the jetty wall. I was thinking it would be really big boulders, but instead the small rock allow for a lot of life to flurish. Can't wait to see it on a better day.

The big rock areas have lots of life too.

Next time we do it, hopefull it won't be a neap tide and the bay can suck in some of that clear Destin Gulf water. Neap tides are simply not optimal for diving this type of site if you want the best possible visibility.

Well I just got smacked down with a head cold after burning my candles at both ends this weekend :shakehead:, but once this clears up I am game for another go. This time do you guys want to do a two tank dive at Destin or maybe one tank at Destin and another at the Navarre Pier? I would be fine for a one tank on site if that is the only way it could happen, but I just thought it might be cool to find a day that high tide at Destin was a bit earlier in the day so we could hit another spot. Who knows, maybe we could even get seayoda out of scuba retirement and join us.

I found the original post and this was what we went by:

Su 10 High 3:09 AM 0.6 6:32 AM Rise 8:29 AM 8
10 Low 10:55 AM 0.2 5:31 PM Set 9:24 PM
10 High 3:40 PM 0.4

Back
Top Bottom