Destin Jetties Dive Report 2-10-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL!!!

Brilliant!

Now, when are we going to dive Harris, The Narrows?

tidesta2442.png

If you all want to plan another dive, Ill be there on March 10th trying to dive them. I need to get some open water time in my cave gear before my class at the end of that week, so im up for as many dives as we can fit in.

I need to get some open water time in my cave gear before my class at the end of that week, so im up for as many dives as we can fit in.

L-O-N-G walk in cave gear :)

Probably up for that though.

I know the walk, I carried two tanks and my gear in one trip last summer. Not fun, however unless anyone has a set of doubles I can borrow to try out, ill only be diving a single AL80 on a BP/W with long hoses etc... Im only taking a cavern class and we wont play with doubles until the end.

Plus it will be good training for the backpacking trip Im taking in August!

Gotcha! :D

Actually, AL80s doubled up on your back would be a hellovalot easier than carrying one AL80 on your back, and another by hand/shoulder/whatever. But steels... Damn, that would suck.

Gotcha! :D

Actually, AL80s doubled up on your back would be a hellovalot easier than carrying one AL80 on your back, and another by hand/shoulder/whatever. But steels... Damn, that would suck.

Actually, the AL80s weigh 31lbs each. PST E-7 80's only weigh 28

Heiser 190's doubled would be a challenge.

Yeah I had 2 loose tanks (one on each shoulder) and my gear bag on my back. Not very fun.

The second trip I made out there I just geared up, walked the dunes straight to the water and then surface swam to the jetties. Much easier (ex swimmer)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom