Destin Jetties/Sailboat, Morrison, St Andrews Jetties and Cypress 5-12&13 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flipper, the DM on Splash said they moved their boat to Dive Locker. It seems like everyone has had a bad experience with every shop or charter at one time. Ive moved from Divers Den to Dive Locker, and not had any problems since. So far theyve had great customer service, and Todd is real cool.

I don't expect to see any of the improvements in the shops in PCB.

With the cost of diesel fuel going up for trips, the cost of gas for us to get to PCB, and the lack of low-cost diver lodging, I'm betting things are actually going to get worse down there....

I'm not really impressed with what I've seen from the shops there... (and that's me saying it nicely)

I have to agree with everyone on this. With the nature of the dive boats here in Panama City, I finally got off my butt and bought my own boat and am in a MUCH better mood. Get to go where I want when I want. I have enough tanks that I don't rely on next day service from the shops.

But I did hear a rumor that Debbie is not with Divers Den anymore.

And yes, I have just about dealt with all the boats and shops here at one time or another.

Ok, Diver's Den must still be using PCDC's boats for dive trips. I think in the divorce, somehow Splash was lost from Divers Den. I don't know any specifics but this is what I have heard from the shops.

I thought I saw flipper on splash two weeks ago. I was wondering why he was the DM on the boat and most shops won't touch that guy...

Anyway, sorry to hi-jack your thread Mat!!

Zieg:
I read your earlier post about your plans for the weekend. Personally, because I hate waiting for tanks to get filled, I tend to make sure I have enough tanks for the weekend. That way I will not have to rely on a shop for air, unless something comes up. As for only being able to carry so many tanks, that's what pickups are for.

The wagon is capable of holding lots and lots of tanks, but I had a boat stuffed in there too. Pickup or not, you only have so much room.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom