Dive # 100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtl perry

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will be doing dive #100 soon!!
and i was wondering what others have done for# 100
i know 100 is not allot of dives for some of you :D
thanks

Perry

Congrats on dive #100!!! It's certainly a milestone :)!

My plan was to to celebrate dive #100 in style on Utilia Honduras. But things didn't go as expected.

So dive #100 ended up being my second cold water dive ever; a drysuit class. Following behind the fins of my instructor in 5' vis and freezing water was not one of my proudest scuba moments. I felt like a total rookie.

But, what dive #100 lacked in style points, it more than made up for with promise. The drysuit was the key to transition from occasional warm water vacation diving to a year-round fabulous obsession!

I did nothing special for my hundredth dive :( - Just a normal deep shore dive. Maybe I'll do something special for dive 200.

I have heard that the typical course of action is to do a naked dive. However, I wouldn't do it in cold water. I wouldn't even want to do a wetsuit dive in cold water.

Just make it somewhere you particularly like. I was in Bonaire at the time, so I hit Karpata, which is a favorite dive site with a nice, lush reef.

Richard.

Spry Harbour, NS...typical fairly boring 20' shore dive on the NS Eastern Shore.

It was a regular fun dive. I do have little fishie stickers all over that logbook page that the dive guide stuck on! I felt special (just like a little kid). So I carry fishie stickers with me for my divers who have a milestone dive (and I also stick them on kids' log pages no matter what dive they've done, just because they get such pleasure from it).

Diving naked is the supposed tradition. My son recently did his 100th and he wore a pair of 'David shorts' we ought in Italy a few years ago over his swimsuit in St Croix. Another friend borrowed them for her 100th dive in Cozumel. Boat captain was very confused.

c9a614e0-de4a-7520.jpg

I was diving as a research volunteer for Thresher Shark Research and Conservation Project when I hit my 100th dive. We had just completed our first fun dive when I opened my log book and realized what I had just done.

After a few seconds of staring I finally said: "I just did my 100th dive"
I had all my friends ask to sign my log book. That night involved a few beers and a little ridicule about being fully suited that dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom