Dive computer - wrist model

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melle:
In a few days (I hope) I will try out a Mares Nemo. I am curious :D
I just ordered one after finding it on sale for a good price. I think the sale has been going since over a week ago. It's a beautiful watch with a nice interface, but the stainless steel version is a little bit heavy. Just waiting for it to come in the mail ... :)

Eridium:
I just ordered one after finding it on sale for a good price. I think the sale has been going since over a week ago. It's a beautiful watch with a nice interface, but the stainless steel version is a little bit heavy. Just waiting for it to come in the mail ... :)

I know... :D I ordered it there, almost a month ago... it is actually on my wrist as we "speak" LOL

Because of sickness, I couldn't dive. I will, however... soon!

A very good price, indeed... I ordered the Titanium one... the price difference was too small to let it go. It is very lightweight, and because of the fit of the straps, you hardly feel it (yesterday evening I was looking for it, forgot about wearing it <harf> but then again... I am a little weird). :wink:

Which one did you order, the Ti or the Steel one...??

Good choice, dude, of both the watch and shop!!!

Melle

I really dont understand the obsession some people have with having a conservative computer.The Aeris/pelagic computers have a simple nitrogen loading graph with green,amber and red sections. Surface with it just in the green,reasonably conservative.Surface one dot into the green,more conservative and so on. Maybe they should market this as a user controlled conservatism factor?

Imagine diving a conservative computer on a multi day liveaboard trip.the one time you get out of the water 30 seconds too early the computer locks you out for 24 or 48 hours. Not very helpful!

Of course,if you use a computer as a crutch rather than a tool,and find thinking difficult then a conservative computer may be the way to go. :)

Thinking is good!

No matter what computer you end up with, I'd suggest working out how it works and compares to the RDP for square profiles in different conservative settings. Don't just blindly use the computer.

I ended up not going with a Suunto, because I wanted something larger for the type of diving I'm doing (cold & dark alot of the time :) i.e. using thick gloves). I ended up with an Apex Quantum (aka Tusa IQ700, Dive Rite duo. All the same, made by Seiko).

Whichever computer you end up with, tune it to the type of diving that you'll be doing.

Good luck :)

Bjorn

P.S.: Check out: http://www.scubadiving.com/diving/dive_computers

As you can see, everyone is telling you to get a suunto and I agree. I have had a few. I currently dave the D9 and it is nice. For something a little less expensive you may want a vytec (both wrist mount and air integrated). For a console-type you might like the cobra.

In any event, if you decide to go with a Suunto Call Richard or Shannen at Dive Tank www.divetank.net. They have outstanding prices and the service cannot be beat.

Adam

:rofl:

Suunto Vyper on the wrist. If money is an issue then the Suunto Gekko. I think the features on the Vyper are worth the extra money though.

Hmmm, sounds like Suunto to me. :D

Back
Top Bottom