Dive computer - wrist model

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an oceanic ATOM with trasmitter, it is great and simple maybe not as conservative as a Suunto, but very simple to use and for the features that it has much less paper than the suunto models. In the end it will obviously be up to you and your needs and preferences.

If you're a beginner I'd suggest you get a Dive Watch (200ATM) and a PADI Dive Table. Cheaper option and definitely the most conservative. + It's a very good idea to get used to knowing your allowable bottom times on recreational dive depths.

If you're Not a beginner..well than I agree with ianr33 "Why would you want a conservative computer?" :)

Go Suunto, i just got a mosquito, it is more conservative than my oceanic v100, which i use as a redundancy comp. (its often funny to notice condtradictory advice on my two computer... i always follow the suunto). the mosquito allows you to ramp up the conservativeness if you are feeling particularly prone to DCS that particular day! (cold water, bad hangover:)

its also a tuff watch with all good watch like functions

Bacunderagain:
I am looking for a dive computer. I want the most conservative, most reliable, and the easiest to use model. I have never used a dive computer before.

Can you please offer your recommendations?

Tanks,

Jim
Suunto D9 or D6

ianr33:
I really dont understand the obsession some people have with having a conservative computer.The Aeris/pelagic computers have a simple nitrogen loading graph with green,amber and red sections. Surface with it just in the green,reasonably conservative.Surface one dot into the green,more conservative and so on. Maybe they should market this as a user controlled conservatism factor?

Imagine diving a conservative computer on a multi day liveaboard trip.the one time you get out of the water 30 seconds too early the computer locks you out for 24 or 48 hours. Not very helpful!

Of course,if you use a computer as a crutch rather than a tool,and find thinking difficult then a conservative computer may be the way to go. :)

We do market that way....

Aeris Atmos Elite wireless - 2 buttons - Easy! (not conservative but not liberal either)

I agree with the air only comment though... Not going nitrox, save the money.

Go Conservative? No... go informed.

I am familar with both the Oceanic computers as well as the Aeris computers, very similar units made by palagic. These units have user adjustments that allow you to decide how conservative you want to do your diving.
I am an authorized dealer for both. The Oceanic atom 1.0 actually has a one button option to set all features to be more conservative. Currently the Oceanic 1.0 are on sale for $699.95 you can check it out at my web store at www.A1ScubaGear.com , there is a demo available for the unit as well. You can also compare other units there as well.
Recently I have also started carrying the TUSA computers which are easy to use, have large numbers and great features for the $. TUSA's DC hunter and IQ 800 are 2 nitrox gas computers. The IQ 800 is unique in that it is a wrist unit that is very flat, has large numbers and .... it also has a vibration alarm should you violate it.

Hope this helps.

I will say depend how many gases you need for the dive.
I will recommend Sunto Mosquito Nitrox ready useful friendly for recreational dive.

For recreational diving within NDL any computer that has nitrox capability and can be set in 1% increments will work. Thing to ensure is that the face and numbers are large engough to see and the strap is a good one.

I love my Vytec, but I also got an awesome deal on it.

Yup! I agree Sunto Vytec is awesome big screen useful friendly gases switching.

Quarrior:
For recreational diving within NDL any computer that has nitrox capability and can be set in 1% increments will work. Thing to ensure is that the face and numbers are large engough to see and the strap is a good one.

I love my Vytec, but I also got an awesome deal on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom