Dive concepts Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All my questions have not been intended to address this specific dive center and your own specific situation. But it could be "the other shop" is a sort of franchise and has other costs to cover. I cannot know, and probably you do not know either. Sorry you did not see the joke in the eating comparison. In real life I eat pretty limited and hardly ever in a restaurant. I wish you enjoy your trip more than the booking procedure.
It's not a big deal, I likely enjoy the planning as much as the trip. I just don't see the sense in losing 600 because you wouldn't give up 25 that you gained in assets by me not using your gear anyway. Especially if they are suffering as you described.
I am continuing my search and think I found someone I will be very happy with. They come highly recommend and will give me 3 night dives, a private guide, and 5 lunches for about 45 more than the shop with the bad rep, inconsistent policies, and inability to manage the situation to earn my business.

So, it's all good, things happen for a reason.

General input on these shops?

I am encountering a bizarre situation with thier amed/tulamben shop.
They include rental gear in thier price. I am avid diver with my own gear. I asked of course for some relief considering I won't be using thier stuff. They offer a discount to dive pros, but to the avid diver, me, it's screw you. So they take care of the backpacker and the pro, but leave the avid diver in the weeds.
Even more oddly, thier shop in Nusa Lembongan, is offering me the srd 10% off with own gear. Wtf?????? Same ownership.
I am attempting to find out who owns the company to discuss this odd way of doing business with him, if anyone knows him?

Thanks for your help!
Hi to you. I have read your article and can side with you regarding poor business practices towards customers. I was blocked from having any form of contact with Dive Concept Bali Tulumben. Kevin the manager and also the Pemuteran Dive Concept manager would not allow direct contact due to my stolen dive equipment from their equipment storeroom. They keep saying it was lost and accusing of me taking it home. They took no responsibility for my IST pro ear prescription mask. If you are able to connect with these dodgy unprofessional arse wipes , please let me know as I will do the same for you. I will continue to advertise this horrible organisation.

Why?? Focus on what you want, not have a war that doesn't matter?

great diving there, start with a good feeling not a bitter one.
But his $10 a day gear discount!

I have recalled my research about them from 5 years ago now. Poor safety record, lost diver incidents, rejected by PADi, poor equipment. No thanks!
I will take my business elsewhere, thank you for causing me to dig up this information!!!!
You pay peanuts you get monkey DMs and guides 🐒🐒🐒

hi
It's not a big deal, I likely enjoy the planning as much as the trip. I just don't see the sense in losing 600 because you wouldn't give up 25 that you gained in assets by me not using your gear anyway. Especially if they are suffering as you described.
I am continuing my search and think I found someone I will be very happy with. They come highly recommend and will give me 3 night dives, a private guide, and 5 lunches for about 45 more than the shop with the bad rep, inconsistent policies, and inability to manage the situation to earn my business.

So, it's all good, things happen for a reason.
hi there, can you perhaps share the name/contact of the place you found better than Dive Concepts. i am planning to take my certification at Dive Concepts on May 2024; but after reading this thread, starting to have 2nd thoughts. reall appreciate it if you can share the dive provider name & contact.

Cheers.

hi

hi there, can you perhaps share the name/contact of the place you found better than Dive Concepts. i am planning to take my certification at Dive Concepts on May 2024; but after reading this thread, starting to have 2nd thoughts. reall appreciate it if you can share the dive provider name & contact.

Cheers.

Are you taking your Open Water Course? If so, when are you planning on being in Bali? I am the Managing Partner of Prana Dive in Amed and depending on the dates, I might be able to help you out. You can check out the reviews about me and our center if you are unsure. You can DM me here or even better, you can shoot me an email to turk@pranadive.com

People should bare in mind that Dive Concepts is a "value" operator here in Bali. They have generally the cheapest prices and therefore attract a large and for the most part young crowd. This means that they have a lot of people passing through the dive center daily so more of a chance for something to go missing. I'm not taking a position on what happened re the missing or taken home gear. Just that sometimes smaller ops are preferable to large ones.

Why?? Focus on what you want, not have a war that doesn't matter?

great diving there, start with a good feeling not a bitter one.
This board seems to be just filled with grumpy old men that love to go around the world and start arguments on principal. Love the wealth of knowledge and experience here but the cantankerous and curt old men do not reflect the sport very well.

This board seems to be just filled with grumpy old men that love to go around the world and start arguments on principal. Love the wealth of knowledge and experience here but the cantankerous and curt old men do not reflect the sport very well.
Ageism is defined as discrimination against older people because of negative and inaccurate stereotypes—and it's so ingrained in our culture that we often don't even notice.

Ageism is defined as discrimination against older people because of negative and inaccurate stereotypes—and it's so ingrained in our culture that we often don't even notice.
Apologies but If you're not a grumpy old man than it's not you! From your posts you seem like a perfectly nice and pleasant guy but there are a number on here who are surly old guys who live to bitch and moan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom