dive day for Seattle area people?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm afraid it would take a Tug Boat to drag Uncle Pug (the diver) to Edmonds. He can speak for himself, but if you're planning this event for that site, I know it's not one of his faves.

Uncle Pug said many times:
"You need a shovel to get below forty feet at Edmonds."

Plus, they've got those aggressive Cabezons and Lings there that can just about take your mask off if you invade their perceived territory. Somehow they know that spearfishing is banned and they can be bullies. :blackeye: Can you tell it's not one of my favorite sites either? :)

I would still probably go if I'm able to, though.

edmonds.......oh yea i remember, the swim from hell divesite with the killer fish.......:wacko:

nice..provided you can park and have some viz :rolleyes: and you are an olympic swimmer :eek:ut:

oh did i mention it is my favourite divesite....:flusher:

but i'll go if you guys/girls go there :D

I'm not from the area myself. I have dove there, the oil dock and some other location a bit further north. But what I liked about edmonds is that it's great for anyone from out of the area. How many times have ya gone to a new spot and found nothing because you had no local info. At least there you'll see stuff.

On our last trip up there we had 40 foot vis one day and maybe 10 feet the next.

But compared to diving along the oregon coast edmonds is fantastic.

But, I just got out of the ocean here on maui and had 100+ for vis. Apples and Oranges though.

Kayla once bubbled...
The third works for me.... so I will talk to my dad, but plan on us being there for now..... how about everyone else?:)
I have not yet dove EUP, so I would defintely be interested in joining in. Edmonds is a bit of a haul from Tacoma but I'm just spoiled since I don't commute on the freeways anymore. :) Count me in!

Jimmie

I remember doing a low tide dive with a handicapped gentlemen (no leg use) who was a big guy.. It was a good dive... and one hello of a work out that day. It has been a while since I have been there.

it dosen't have to be Edmonds... I don't really like the long haul out there either! So where would you guys like to go? I'm up for anything!!!:)

However.. does August 3rd work for everyone?:)

Kayla:)

that won't be really "crowded" on a weekend? I think that could be a good spot.. if theres gonna be a lot of us!:)

Kayla:)

I am not a fan of EUP either. I normally dive at Les Davis and Alki when I shore dive. I have dove Keystone once and it was fun. You gotta hit the currents just right but besides that, lots to see.

Amy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom