Dive Mishap off of Hawaii Kai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unless you know what time the tide switches and the prevailing currents, I just don't like to recomend visitors take off on shore dives unless they are experienced and very fit due to the effort it takes to get your butt back to the shore. I sometimes get the feeling people underestimate the power of the sea here. I spent eight years in the Caribbean and I feel there is a big difference here. Not sure why exactly, maybe I am just older and want to make it home to fix dinner for the kids! I like boat dives where the captain is looking for me and throwing out the welcome mat!
Melissa, i am waiting for the E. Coli to subside!...and the rain. I don't do rain. Alex has been trying to get me out so maybe soon--first sign of sunshine. I want to do the wrecks more and take pictures inside of a diver with a torch, etc.

Not to change the subject but do we know who the instructor was? Local? Was he from a shop? And why did a bystander have to jump in to "calm" them down? hummmm????

Alex says Piratedivers. Big black Zodiac. new company. People are digging these guys cause they will take you to some cool places, like Rabbit Island, Mongoose nose, etc. We shouldn't assume it was anybody's fault because **** happens...especially when you are diving with tourists and don't know how experienced they are. They sure have a sexy boat, those guys. And ...it flat moves. They only take six.

that was inappropriate.

So, which boat for the 27th leesa. Want me to talk to Alex? He will do it. maybe we can go to 100 ft hole. that place has had a few tigers lately he says. All this run off from the harbors. They say the commercial fish guts down there on an outgoing brings them into that spot. I am in the mood to shoot at the Corsair. maybe we can get Joey to pose naked in the plane again! that is a good club activity.

If they have a boat why were they trying to shore dive there??????

they do both commercially evidently. Many operators offer shore dives. I personally wasn't told anything about the jumping in.

catherine96821:
that was inappropriate.

?

So, which boat for the 27th leesa. Want me to talk to Alex? He will do it. maybe we can go to 100 ft hole. that place has had a few tigers lately he says. All this run off from the harbors. They say the commercial fish guts down there on an outgoing brings them into that spot. I am in the mood to shoot at the Corsair. maybe we can get Joey to pose naked in the plane again! that is a good club activity.

On the way to work I remembered that I have that dentist appointment at 12:40 on the 27th :bawling: Would he go for 2pm?...I'm so bummed

oh yea, I never gave you Janice lei's contact info. Well, he might. You don't want to dive right after that.

Back
Top Bottom