Dive Mishap off of Hawaii Kai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PaulChristenson:
So what do we have to spend it on in the water...:D

Either you can spend it after your dive or donate it to someone who just may take it out of your car. Besides, if I am diving I will be glad to sell someone some sand or empty shells while diving. Maybe I should write "vendor" on my wetsuit so I am easily identified to those wanting to do some underwater shopping (LOL). Just look for me on your next dive here.

Here in Hawaii (or at least Oahu and Maui) the rental cars have these pretty little bar code stickers on them so they are easily identified by EVERYONE.

maybe we need underwater lockers out there on the West Side!

catherine96821:
maybe we need underwater lockers out there on the West Side!

I'll tell you-as a tourist getting ready to go there for a few days--it has me very concerned that I will return from a dive to find my rental vandalized. I don't think I will want to return if it's really that bad. Vacations are supposed to be relaxing not stressful :wink:

I have never had anything taken in four years. Just don't leave cameras and cash and such in your car. The area where we are discussing is uniquely problematic.

we heard about some people having their vehicles broken into, but it has never happened to us. Rentals are usually targeted because most tourist leave valuables in their cars. There really isn't that many cars getting broken into. If you go when there are plenty of other cars (not at night) you will be okay. If your car is the only one out there or just a couple cars throughout the lot, then you may possibly get targeted. We went out to sharks cove and parked next to a rental. We (hubby and I) went for our dive and when we came back the people with the rental asked us if we seen anything while we were getting ready for our dive. They left their rental ,with luggage and laptops in the back seat, to go take pictures. ALL of their stuff was stolen to include his wallet and her purse along with airline tickets. They were on their way to the airport and wanted to get a couple extra pictures. That is why we say: don't take any valuables to leave in the car and hide the other stuff before you leave the hotel (not when you get to the dive site). I have never seen any people poking around looking in windows. Pretend you are at home and don't leave anything someone might want in plain view.

That's pretty sad that people are that desperate for t-shirts. I can understand the laptop and the luggage but geez--t-shirts and shorts? That's just sad.

Maybe I should leave the car unlocked to avoid the broken window :)

I won't leave anything in the car.

yea, I think ya'll should just stay on this side and go on those 5 dolla boat charters that Fishboy is always talking about.

onfloat, that is too bad. You all need to set up a sting I think. I mean you are Marines, can't you do that? get one of those Howitzers ya'll got over there and lie in wait? Just pretend you are in Ramadi..

Too much ice on the west side.....and the police? They are all in Kahala looks like to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom