Dive Plans for this weekend--20th/21st?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_jenny:
SNIP...Ok, so the vis was not that fantastic. We ambled our way up to the pier. Lights on more for signaling than for peering in holes... SNIP
lol you made it sound like visibility was going on 100' trying to get us in for the second dive. Oh, and I noticed that *nobody* cared to do another, BTW. Jenny, your credibility is shot until you make it up to us (again). I'll try to make Hollywood... please post the date & time. Let's all do pizza afterward on the broadwalk. They have a good white-pizza there.

ah... actually, i think the 12th Vatican Council allows statements that are not, strictly speaking, truthful so long as they are made "in the purpose of and in furthering diving opportunities."

this standard, btw, has been adopted by the diving industry, quite sensibly, regardless of the religion or political affiliation of the declarant, citing precedent to such well-known cases as "Big Fish Stories" and "Weight and Year of Birth Statements."

so i think Jenny is covered there...

Andy, I have never met you, but I bet you are a really swell guy! :D

wait til you see my legal fees bill...

Ahhhhh.. Jeff and I didn't fall back in for more dives because I had to make it back over to this side. Someone has to watch the lil lad when my wife heads to work :)

The vis wasn't that bad really. I've dove in worse, but it wasn't as good as it was when I dove there in January! :D

I just wanted to chime in about the dive with Jenny and our two friends from Venice. I have to agree that it was a good dive - my best description would be that it had quarry viz but South Florida temp.

BTW, the Conch Divers win the award for the best surface intervals ever, in my book!

See you guys in a couple of weeks at the Yellow Brick Road!

-Grier

H2Andy:
SNIP...this standard, btw, has been adopted by the diving industry, quite sensibly, regardless of the religion or political affiliation of the declarant, citing precedent to such well-known cases as "Big Fish Stories" and "Weight and Year of Birth Statements." ...SNIP
LOL and one more place they practice it - always add 2' to what the dive boat skipper says the seas will be (when you have to ask).

Krista,
Sorry, I didn't let you know, but I actually did not get into WPB until Monday afternoon and then our flight was at 6:40pm. We crossed back from West End on Monday from 11:30 til arrival at Riveria Beach Marina at about 3:30pm. The crossing was rough! I just went on to my bunk and took a good nap on the way back. Skipped lunch, Chili, YUCK for that kind of water. Dives were great though. I made 2 dives Friday, 3 on Saturday had to quit as I got too cold. Saturday water temps were 72 and my 3/2 mil just did not do it for me. Sunday I did 5 dives water temps were warmer and vis was better too. I saw my first Hammerhead! I was so excited I could not get my camera up and ready fast enough.

I took some pretty good pictures. I am working on improving my photography. Will try to post them soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom