Dive Plans for this weekend--20th/21st?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nice job, jenny!

i thought i had done it myself and then gotten amnesia

High tides are 7:39 am Saturday and 8:17 am Sunday

The weather does not look promesing... :zap1: No, no, no thunderstorms, but just take a look at this:

.SATURDAY...NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET
NEARSHORE AND UP TO 7 FEET IN THE GULF STREAM. INTRACOASTAL WATERS
CHOPPY IN EXPOSED AREAS.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS CHOPPY IN EXPOSED AREAS.
.SUNDAY...NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET NEAR SHORE
AND UP TO 7 FEET IN THE GULF STREAM. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE
CHOP IN EXPOSED AREAS.

One more weekend I don't get to try out my new UW camera :laghost: I think it's time to raid Mike's house and maybe do a bbq. But if the winds die down, Angie and I will be there. Well, we'll be there regardless, especially if there's a bbq going on :wink:

Rick

Just took a look at the Deerfield beachcam (the commercial pier beachcam is not working), and if it stays the way it is now (http://www.islandwatersports.com/surfcam-index.cfm), it's a guaranteed slam dunk, but if it looks like it did last weekend, unless you're a surfer.............. it's bbq time...lol

Rick

Winds are susposed to pick up today...then quiet a bit over the weekend...I am not worried with that forecast. Seen it too many times, cancelled, then find out it was beautiful out!
Being the optimist that I am, I figure they are giving the worst case scenerio...
Lets go diving and BBQ!

scuba_jenny:
I am not worried with that forecast. Lets go diving and BBQ!

I'm more worried about my sister-in-law babysitting for me than I am about the forecast Jenny...25 years of flying have taught me not to trust the forecasts..lol

Have you noticed how quiet Mike has been???? maybe he's too busy enjoying the beach!!!

Rick

Probably got sand in his modem....

Scubaguy62:
SNIP...Have you noticed how quiet Mike has been???? maybe he's too busy enjoying the beach!!!
No, unfortunately - too much going on the last couple of weeks and then we've had trouble with our Internet server at work where I ususally post on breaks.

I can't promise the weather will cooperate, but like Jen says we've grown to distrust NOAA's accuracy and blown a lot of GREAT dives because they predicted fair conditions.

We should have a good idea tomorrow (Saturday). If anybody wants a report, I'll be back Saturday afternoon and you can give me a shout 954-649-0666.

It's still "the season" and if the weather is great parking will be even tighter. We still don't really have a head-count but I'm going to predict that anybody coming after 9am for later dives will have difficulty finding parking right on our street. Datura, one block north, will be filled by 10 am or before. There's plenty of parking, however, so drop your gear and go hunt it up... just a block at the most from either Datura or Hibiscus and it's a nice place to walk anyway.

OR you can park at the pier parking lot and use the hole in the fence to walk to enter at the SOUTH side of the pier. I'm not certain how we'll coordinate entry if people are spread out but you have my cell now.

You can count me in. And depending on how my moody teenage daughter feels Sunday she'll be there too. And the rest of the family is talking about a beach day this weekend, so the whole clan just may be knocking on your door Sunday morning. :D

And I'll be sure to BYOBASFM2. :wink:

I have to dive this weekend, so if the surf's up on Sunday scrubbing the beach dives (and I'd be heartbroken if that happened!) who else wants to go out on a boat? AD II has a trip to the Tenneco Towers. :D

Marc

I'm still planning to be there too. However, I may be a last minute out, as I've picked up either a nice head cold or a healty sinus infection....like clockwork, whenever the weather gets nice, my head rebels......I just have to see how I feel through tomorrow.
Marc, I'm game for Sunday if weather is still a bit much (and my head cooperates); want to call it tomorrow PM sometime? I'll leave my cell phone on... (561) 307-0638.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone one way or another!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom