Dive Plans for this weekend--20th/21st?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are diving off jetti park in Cocoa this morning. Hopefully vis will be good. There will be 4-5 of us there. Anyone can come join in the fun.

This is one time it looks as if the forecast will hold true.

The Fowey Rocks buoy (FWYF) is recording winds of 22 kts gusting to 24 and the Lake Worth buoy (LKWF) is recording winds of 18 kts gusting to 20, so by mere interpolation, it should be somewhere around 21 - 22 kts, considering FWYF is closer to us than LKWF.

The Deerfield Beachcam shows a lot of white foam and a few surfers, and I'm looking out of the window in my office (the Autonation Building Downtown Ft. Laud), and I see a few flashes of white out in the distance...

Nonetheless, I remain hopeful and barring a catastrophe, will be there tomorrow. The BBQ at Mike's is starting to sound a lot more appealing :54: BTW, who's bringing what? LOL

I'm going to be out of here in about 30 mins, so I'll drive by and take a look.

Rick

Saturday AM: Surf's up now and it's going to get worse before it gets better. My neighbor/weather expert says it should lay down overnight and a Sunday 8:30 am dive should be in calm water. Unfortunately, I have no idea what's happening underwater so can't say how the visibility will be by then.

Folks, I want to dive as much as anybody but maybe we should take Marc's suggestion of doing the boat dive. I've never done the Towers.

Don't hesitate to call to confirm conditions... 954-649-0666.

FLL Diver:
You can count me in. And depending on how my moody teenage daughter feels Sunday she'll be there too. And the rest of the family is talking about a beach day this weekend, so the whole clan just may be knocking on your door Sunday morning. :D

And I'll be sure to BYOBASFM2. :wink:

I have to dive this weekend, so if the surf's up on Sunday scrubbing the beach dives (and I'd be heartbroken if that happened!) who else wants to go out on a boat? AD II has a trip to the Tenneco Towers. :D

Marc

MikeJacobs:
Saturday AM: Surf's up now and it's going to get worse before it gets better. My neighbor/weather expert says it should lay down overnight and a Sunday 8:30 am dive should be in calm water. Unfortunately, I have no idea what's happening underwater so can't say how the visibility will be by then.

Folks, I want to dive as much as anybody but maybe we should take Marc's suggestion of doing the boat dive. I've never done the Towers.

Don't hesitate to call to confirm conditions... 954-649-0666.

It's an awsome dive Mike. Just watch out for bulls; they like to hang around there (although I've not seen one yet in three times I've done that dive). Also, the wreck of towers 1 & 2 is ok, but tower 3 is a tech dive.

Rick

I left booking a boat too late - the ones I usually go out on are either full or aren't answering the phone for the night. So it looks like I'll be banging on Mike's door early tomorrow morning and trying to get out without doing a Maytag imitation.

I drove by there today and the surf didn't look too bad. But whoever's going had better get there early as there's a street craft festival just up from Mike's place. Commerical is closed past A1A, as is El Mar so the pier parking lot is inaccessible. There's also and E-Diver trip planned for Datura - so parking will be at a premium. Mike - do you have any orange cones to block out spaces? :wink:

See you in the morning - 8'ish.

Marc

Now I know why I took up cave diving.
Don't matter how much wind, rain, sun, clouds, or anything. you can always get wet.
It's always a night dive.
Drove all the way to Hollywood yesterday. almost got into 2 accidents on the way, The wind was kicking up, Got to my brothers house on the beach and the wind got worse. So at least I got to see my brother and walk the board walk again.
this morning at 6 am when I went out on his balconey the wind about knocked me down. He lives on the 15 th floor. Anyway the water was rough figured no diving today. May as well head back to Zephyrhills.
Getting to the end of allirgator alley the truck makes a funny noise. I get off the exit at Naples and there's water running out from under the truck. Pop the hood and look to see if I lost a hose. Not that lucky, the fan blades broke off and went through the radiator.
Lucky me!!! I call a tow truck and it's $450 to tow me back to Tampa. All in all this will cost me around $1000 for a day of no diving.
People say that life is good, it don't seem good to me.
I'm lost without a paddle, heading up sh*ts creek.
People say that life is fun , But I don't know why.
AS FAR AS I CAN TELL, LIFE SUCKS AND THEN YOU DIE.

:zap1: :unitaz:
Fred

First of all I apologize for anything I said to any of the folks who chose not to dive. I must remember that anybody can call a dive at anytime for any reason.
That being said.... we (names not provided to protect the guilty) were on our way to breakfast... mind you.. I wanted to dive, but nobody wanted to dive...geesh...just because there was some waves at the surf zone, further out, not a white cap to be found...so, buddyless I, and the rest were walking along to the restaurant when we passed Datura St. Reefguy and CBulla made it, and were gearing up. Buddies! A chaparone offered to watch my kid, so I could dive. Grier appeared at the same time. So off we went to dive.

Ok, so the vis was not that fantastic. We ambled our way up to the pier. Lights on more for signaling than for peering in holes, we arrived at the pier to be greeted by the pier master aka MR. Barracuda. He was not an arms length away right smack in front of me! I signaled everbody else, and Mr. Barracuda decided not to be entertained by 4 divers. We found the usual critters, and Grier showed me one of the urns. Unfortunately it was busted open.....Saw a 3+ft shark, and a small butterfly fish..
Good diving, really. Total bottom time was 85 min.
Surface interval lasted the rest of the day. Mike, you are the best host! Thanks all for a wonderful day. Good seeing everbody and maybe next time you will believe me when I say "It's not that bad."

As the current spokesman for www.hilt.org (Warm Water Wussies @ Have It Like That .
Org). the spoil factor was a bit high today. Being thoroughly pampered, and spoiled rotten we just rolled over. Maybe Tomorrow. What a life!

We were laying out in the late afternoon, recovering and waiting for our second wind, when we saw dolphins at the cans about 100 yards out - they were swimming back and forth and probably hunting the inside edge of the first reef line.

Grier and I snorkeled a little and in spite of the poor visibility we came up with a message in a bottle - truly a sad message that made us all realize that life is too short and can be over in a moment.

We repacked the bottle and swam it back out to the reef, and drank to the deceased and his mother/writer with a Belvedere vodka and Tangerine Diet Rite mixture all around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom