Dive Report: St. Andrews State Park 25 July 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was worried that I might not have kept the Octopus in frame during his leap but it turned out okay. Good to see you again! Now that the wife is on her feet does that mean we can pull you away for some offshore diving?

Barry your pics are awesome as usual. The Octopus video is also great. The leap from one rock to another was the money shot. I did not have my camera rolling when it did that. I will post some of mine tomorrow. I got home two hours ago and just got finished washing my gear.

I was worried that I might not have kept the Octopus in frame during his leap but it turned out okay. Good to see you again! Now that the wife is on her feet does that mean we can pull you away for some offshore diving?

Absolutely!

Wow!! What a wonderful day of diving!! We had such a great turn out, Andy was able to clear and do his 100th dive and it was absolutely amazing. He and I both had so much fun. I don't think I have ever seen him cut up and play so much in the water. He got to turning somersaults, kissing fish, laughing underwater. I am so thankful to everyone who came out and shared this awesome day with us. Amazing pics Barry. I love the ones you took of Andy. They really show what a great time he was having. Unlike Jason who washed his gear when he got home at 7:30pm, which is about the same time I made it back home and Andy made it back to Auburn, I have not washed gear. I will post our trip reports later today!

Great report, congrats on the 100th Andy!

Thanks Mat!!

Damn, I missed octopuses AND Capt. Anderson's :depressed:

and Me!!!:wink:

Great report sorry I missed it. I had to work. maybe next time.

I wondered where you were. Out of all the men I have never met that came up to my dive trailer and said, You are Denise Right? I thought one of them would surely be you :wink:

I will post some of mine tomorrow.

I am waiting...

The late arrivers were me (Pam), Jodi and her granddaughter Darien. We really enjoyed diving with ya'll and dinner.

It was great to see you again...even though the first time was Springfest on the dance floor..and I would have successfully blocked all of that from my memory if it hadn't been caught on film:shakehead:

I was worried that I might not have kept the Octopus in frame during his leap but it turned out okay. Good to see you again!

The pics and video were great!! But you had to catch me non Dir..OK OK....a snorkel....but I threw it away after the first two dives because it just DId NOt go with the decor, and OK OK..my SPG was not attached to my hip. The chest ring is just much easier for me to see it from OK????

Ok, I am a little embarrassed to post my pics against Barry's, but here they are. I will have a strobe soon.

standrew07252009013.jpg

standrew07252009037.jpg

standrew07252009045.jpg

standrew07252009051.jpg

standrew07252009058.jpg

standrew07252009063.jpg

standrew07252009066.jpg

standrew07252009077.jpg

standrew07252009085.jpg

standrew07252009089.jpg

standrew07252009092.jpg

standrew07252009102.jpg

standrew07262009001.jpg

standrew07262009012.jpg

standrew07262009028.jpg

standrew07262009034.jpg

Ahhh Jason...Spectacular..photos..and now I know why you are soo sweet..You make sugar for a living..:wink:

Saturday 7-25-09

I started out towards Panama City from Pensacola early on Saturday (7-25-09) to meet up with everyone at St. Andrews. When I left Pensacola the skies were beautiful and I was really pumped up to get in two days of great diving. Unfortunately, when I got about 30 minutes out of Panama City I saw dark clouds with lightening hanging overhead. When I arrived at 8:00 at St. Andrews, it looked at first like the day would only turn into a meet and greet. Luckily by 10:30 the weather cleared up considerably and with the tide coming in the water looked fantastic. It was a really nice so get together with a bunch of ScubaBoarders and have a great time. I did my first dive with GlenFWB and a friend of his. It was great to get out in the water again with Glen as I haven’t seen him in a bit. The water was nice and clear. I would put the viz at 40 feet. In fact, if the skies would have been clearer the viz would have been even more. At our max depth of 71 feet I was able to look up and I could make out the top of the water. The life at the jetties was just out of control, with things to see and enjoy at every nook and corner. I really couldn’t say what the highlights of both of my dives were as I was having a blast the entire time. The water temps were 79* at depth and I was very comfortable in my 3mm. I completed two dives both lasting around 65 minutes with air to spare.

Sunday 7-26-09

I had such a good time on Saturday that I went ahead and made the trip out to the jetties again on Sunday (I should have got a hotel). There was a neap tide running on Sunday so visibility dropped down to 20 feet with a lot of suspended particulate in the water. Even with 20 feet of visibility it was still a fantastic set of dives. I again completed two dives lasting a little over 60 minutes. On my last dive of the day I stopped taking pictures and started Easter egg hunting (picking up fishing weights). I was picking up so much lead weights that I finally just had to stop as I was just getting way too heavy. The rest of the dive I was pretty much struggling with my buoyancy. I believe I ended up with about 15 to 20 pounds of lead. I will hopefully melt them down soon and make some of my own dive weights. I had a great time and look forward to getting everyone together at Ft. Pickens soon. I haven’t had much time to go over my pictures, but here are a few pictures from the weekend:

0843.JPG

0831.JPG

0794.JPG

0664.JPG

0646.JPG

0517.JPG

0373.JPG

0656.JPG

0645.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom