dive rite long hose on poseidon extreme?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
guys i was wondering if i can use a diverite longhose on my poseidon extreme? the poseidon longhoses cost an arm and a leg and my local poseidon dealer says its ok. what do you guys think?

If the threads fit then it makes no difference who makes the hose. But I thought Poseiden had an odd size compared to other manufacturers.

Spoon:
guys i was wondering if i can use a diverite longhose on my poseidon extreme? the poseidon longhoses cost an arm and a leg and my local poseidon dealer says its ok. what do you guys think?

I believe that those second stages require Poseidon hoses due to different threads and the presence of an overpressure valve. One of the little bonuses you get.. I mean, Poseidon gets, when you buy their regs :wink:

The connection to the 2nd stage is different. That's where the overpressure "valve" is (you can pull on it an feel the spring in there, but be careful). You could probably use a 4-6ft "extension" hose between the 1st stage and the existing LP hose to your 2nd stage.

And the regulator is the Xstream (not extreme).
-Rob

guys you are all correct found out the hard way that i have to use original poseidon hoses and they cost an arm and a leg

Spoon:
guys you are all correct found out the hard way that i have to use original poseidon hoses and they cost an arm and a leg

Dive Rite offers hoses (or did) that fit the Jetstream/Odin regs. I have a 7' from Dive Rite on my Odin. I don't have an Xstream but have been told that the hoses from the Odins are interchangable on the Xstreams.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom