Ballcaps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shopping

I think it comes down to giving a little support to companies we approve of. Maybe it helps you identify with people who share a common interest.

I think it comes down to giving a little support to companies we approve of. Maybe it helps you identify with people who share a common interest.
Tough to argue with Poseidon.

But in general I'll leave the fanboi'ing for Apple and Tesla followers. For example, I love my particular Mares regs and fins. But I don't want to be identified with people who use the HUB :wink:

I have had a few ball caps over the years -- that Poseidon fishy and one from them with "1958" embroidered upon it (their founding year), given away as a promotion, along with a couple of t-shirts from DEMA; but I seldom wear logo merchandise of any sort (except on laundry day), since dive gear already has crap written everywhere, from head to foot. My old O'Neill wetsuit, alone, was emblazoned with his name or likeness eight times, including the laundry care tag -- and even in relief, on the rubber knee-pads.

I was, though, given a toque from those Canucks at Shearwater, which I have put to use this Winter, and lives in my -- OK, L. L. Bean -- canvas boat bag (a Christmas gift one year, from my late mom).

Lot's of jokes about poutine and "How's it goin', eh?" from friends; but I was also not the one turning Willy Wonka blue on the boat . . .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-01-18 at 12.20.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-18 at 12.20.40 PM.png
    834 KB · Views: 26
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom