Ballcaps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YYCLuke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Seriously, why don't more companies sell dive branded ballcaps? I can get golf, hunting, and motorcycle racing easily enough, but scuba manufacturer hats are extremely difficult to find.

A great guy at my LDS gave me an old scubapro and Poseidon one, but I'd love to see more dive rite, halcyon, apeks, 4th element.. Hell even gue, SSI, and PADI branded ones would be okay!

Seriously, why don't more companies sell dive branded ballcaps? I can get golf, hunting, and motorcycle racing easily enough, but scuba manufacturer hats are extremely difficult to find.

A great guy at my LDS gave me an old scubapro and Poseidon one, but I'd love to see more dive rite, halcyon, apeks, 4th element.. Hell even gue, SSI, and PADI branded ones would be okay!
I have three different dive rite hats, a couple apeks hats, several fourth element hats, some divesoft hats, and a couple SubGravity hats.

Where are you looking? I think almost all of the manufacturers have them.

I have three different dive rite hats, a couple apeks hats, several fourth element hats, some divesoft hats, and a couple SubGravity hats.

Looking for them to be in retail shops or on their websites. Hard to find! Dive Rite has a few but the $55 to ship to Canada for a ballcap is a little high. I've found most LDS might only carry one (Dan's Dive Shop who is an authorized Dive Rite retailer only has one Halcyon hat on their shop). I'd definitely like to see more dive branded gear cause that's something I'd purchase over most other brands.

I don't think the swag for the larger brands are available outside of trade shows and such.

Aqualung / Apeks used to have a decent selection. I have not seen any lately (I have a great Apeks hoody that I still wear).

Seriously, why don't more companies sell dive branded ballcaps?
Branded teeshirts are #1 best selling apparel & souvenir. Hats are way down on the sales $$ chart.

Looking for them to be in retail shops or on their websites. Hard to find! Dive Rite has a few but the $55 to ship to Canada for a ballcap is a little high. I've found most LDS might only carry one (Dan's Dive Shop who is an authorized Dive Rite retailer only has one Halcyon hat on their shop). I'd definitely like to see more dive branded gear cause that's something I'd purchase over most other brands.
Ok, that would fall on the shop. They only stock what they order. Most of the brands have swag available. If the shop doesn't think it will sell, they don't put it on the shelf.

Why would you "buy" clothing with a brand emblazoned across it, be it a hat, t-shirt, hoodie, etc. Why would you want to be a walking talking billboard for a "for profit" company that otherwise has an advertising budget?

To me, it doesn't make sense even if the product is free, but makes even less sense to me that folks want to "buy" this kind of stuff.

-Z

You actually wear ballcaps?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom