Ballcaps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You actually wear ballcaps?
You would be hard pressed to find me without a hat. Some of us are without hair.

Seriously, why don't more companies sell dive branded ballcaps? I can get golf, hunting, and motorcycle racing easily enough, but scuba manufacturer hats are extremely difficult to find.

A great guy at my LDS gave me an old scubapro and Poseidon one, but I'd love to see more dive rite, halcyon, apeks, 4th element.. Hell even gue, SSI, and PADI branded ones would be okay!
Agreed. Furthermore, the ones that do have them put out really ugly hats. Dive Rite and Divesoft are trying, and Scubapro has a half decent trucker hat, but the rest are pretty awful.

Why would you "buy" clothing with a brand emblazoned across it, be it a hat, t-shirt, hoodie, etc. Why would you want to be walking talking billboard for a "for profit" company that otherwise has an advertising budget?

To me, it doesn't make sense even if the product is free, but makes even less sense to me that folks want to "buy" this kind of stuff.

-Z
Typically I would agree. However this is a fairly niche hobby, I'd like to support the companies that I use for my gear, and if I get some questions from people about the brand then I can answer them and hopefully grow the industry.

Plus I buy and wear shirts from select dive shops, which are For Profit companies as well.

Sooo...the OP should wear a jaunty fedora with a DiveRite hatband? Or perhaps a straw boater would be more his style?
His choice, of course. I find a ballcap still allows my ears and neck to get burned, maybe even my nose.

bucket hats!

Reactions: Zef
bucket hats!
My parents flew to Germany when I was stationed overseas in the Army. My mom was embarrassed that Dad sported his well-worn fishing bucket hat and made him replace it with one of those green Bavarian hats with the feather. I still have that hat today with all it's pins from places he visited in Germany, Italy and Austria.

Back
Top Bottom