Dive-Rite Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have both DR and Apeks, while I primarily dive my ATX200's, I have found no performance differences between them and the DR1205's with the 1210 second.

Just as good for less money - but the free Apeks parts is a nice touch that will catch up in the end in price comparison.

I also have a set of DR Regs. I have had them for two years now and I have honestly forgot the model number. I know they work well and I have no complaints.

I have serviced at least 20 dive rite RG2500 and about 10 Sea Elite Tek X's in the past month and a half, and found no differnce. Both regulators breathe right with the right tuning. Anyone that says differnent is just guessing at a problem that isn't there, and dive rite parts kits fit the tek x, if your concerned with names pay more for the dive rite, or buy dive rite second stage covers for the tek x. IF cost is an issue choose the tek x

Two of my friends and I got an amazing deal on Dive Rite regulators--RG1208 first stage, RG2010 second stage, yoke adapter (all part of RG2500 package), RG1215 second stage, and RG2742 console (depth/SPG) for $450 plus tax. I sold the console and put on my old SPG and hoses. All three of us are amazed by these regulators. When one friend first bought them, he let the rest of us try the RG2010 at depth. We were determined to go back and get our own. I think that was the best scuba-related purchase I've made yet. It's hard to go wrong with these regulators.

Has anyone used the DR RG1210 as an alternate 2nd stage on the AguaLung Legend LX Supreme? Anyone see any problems with such a setup?

I'm a dive instructor in Hawaii and purchased a DR reg to use as a deco reg. I dive and swear by Apeks for both my singles reg and dive Apeks TX100's on my doubles. I was very skeptical about the DR (TDL) regs when I bought them as I had a diver on a dive charter of mine who had the Dive Rite version and she let me give them a try during the charter. I was not too impressed, but for my pricing for them I figured I should give them a try anyway, maybe I'd just use it on my 100% bottle.

But the TDL regs came and they were actually very impressive. I used one on my 120' bottle and it delivered as much air as I wanted. It was not as smooth as my Apeks are, but still breathed very well, infact I am ordering 2 more for me and 2 for my girlfriend for her deco regs. But I'm still not giving up my Apeks anytime soon at all I still think they just breath a little bit nicer.

In my RG2500 setup around 100fsw I can hear what sounds like the first stage opening up to release gas. Can anyone else verify this? Is this normal?

While I love my RG2500s I might just have to get some XTX50s with DS4 1st stages at some point...

My 2500ice units have been great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom