Diver accident in Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wonderful!!

bobmaggi:
For everyone following this thread, there is some excellent news that I just have to pass on. Maggi's ventilator was removed today and she was able to talk for the first time. Her voice is very weak and hard to understand but she knew her name and her address! She doesn't remember the trip at all which was to be expected - in fact she was quite suprised to hear where she was and wanted to know how she got here considering we live almost 400 miles away. So far all we have told her is that she was in a diving accident, the details can come later once she is stronger.
If she does well overnight she will be transferred from ICU to Recovery for therapy and hopefully home soon!
Thanks for everyones best wishes, prayers and comments. I think she will get a kick reading all this later. She found it hard to believe me when I told here she was getting best wishes from all over the world!

Bob :D

Excellent news, Bob! Give her best wishes from all of us! :bounce:

So glad to hear she is officially on the mend!

Also glad to hear she doesn't remember the accident - who needs awful memories like that anyhow. Hopefully the memory won't come back to haunt her & the two of you will be safely back in the water together sometime soon.

Best wishes,
Carla

Add best wishes and prayers from the mountains of Idaho.

Carl

bobmaggi:
Thanks for everyones best wishes, prayers and comments. I think she will get a kick reading all this later. She found it hard to believe me when I told here she was getting best wishes from all over the world!
Outstanding news, Bob. So pleased to hear that Maggi is recovering. Best wishes to her for getting back to herself as soon as possible, from Washington DC.

Doc

Right on!!! Keep healing!

Mods, you can delete this question if it's deemed indelicate. I'm a bit confused on what the exact injuries are? I know she went for a chamber ride but that didn't seem to be an issue, or the main problem. Was it lung expansion? Can that heal so a person can dive again?

You can PM me if it's something not to be discussed at the present time. Sorry if it's been answered and I missed it.

My heartfelt wishes to you and your wife. Soon she will be home and healthy as new. Blessings.

bobmaggi:
excellent news ... Maggi's ventilator was removed today and she was able to talk for the first time... she knew her name and her address! ... found it hard to believe me when I told here she was getting best wishes from all over the world!
Great news Bob.
Prayer lamp remains bright & steady for you both.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom