Divi is gone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where are you staying? Have fun, I love Cayman Brac! If you go to Divi wear shoes, socks, and long pants; I heard stories about poison ivy.

While you are there, try and find out about the plan for the upcoming construction at BRBR. Supposedly they will be closed from August through mid November while they build a new pool and beach bar. (Is that all that is planned, does it really take that much time to do only that? What was wrong with the existing pool and bar anyway?)

But BRBR is still advertising specials and reservations on their website, so what gives? Will some guests be staying there during the construction? What will happen to the Reef Divers operation while the resort is closed?

I'm just curious because we almost made reservations for BRBR for the fall but decided on LCBR instead. Now I am very glad that I won't be staying in a construction site.

Staying at BRBR..the brac was for me years ago a island I visited repeatedly, one year was there 3 times. Stayed at Buccaneers and walked to resort from airport, and Divi. Will be interesting to see what changes there are. I am taking a group of 20 there from NY.

Staying at BRBR..the brac was for me years ago a island I visited repeatedly, one year was there 3 times. Stayed at Buccaneers and walked to resort from airport, and Divi. Will be interesting to see what changes there are. I am taking a group of 20 there from NY.

That's sounds terrific, I love BRBR and Cayman Brac and CB diving; we've been there 3 times. And I think that topographically CB is the most interesting of the Cayman islands. We usually rent a car for 24 hours when we are there to explore and revisit the island.

But we also enjoy the attractions of the Grand Cayman and the beauty of the 7 mile beach (but we stay away from town and 7MB on cruise ship days!) and Caribbean diving doesn't get any better than Bloody Bay Wall IMO. So all 3 of the Cayman islands has something special and unique and beautiful to offer. We will spend a week on GC and a week at LCBR for our fall vacation. Have fun on your CB trip!

---------- Post added April 11th, 2015 at 06:16 AM ----------

Since you have been to Brac so many times I was wondering if you have ever dived the "Lost City of Atlantis" underwater art display? I've never gotten there, is it interesting or just gimmicky?

Atlantis Cayman Brac Gallery of Images

Those burrs are a pain in you know where,didn't encounter poison ivy. I got a burr stuck in my finger after pulling it out of my foot. I then used my teeth to pull it off my finger and almost inhaled it!

Got a funny picture of my son about to dive in the "pool".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Those burrs are a pain in you know where,didn't encounter poison ivy. I got a burr stuck in my finger after pulling it out of my foot. I then used my teeth to pull it off my finger and almost inhaled it! Got a funny picture of my son about to dive in the "pool".

My husband went tramping around the Divi property the last time we were on Brac. He was wearing shorts but he had on shoes and socks. He had to throw away the socks because the burrs were so bad and he had a hard time picking burrs off of his shoe laces. One of the DMs picked him up on the way back and mentioned the poison ivy - I'm glad he didn't find any of that - it would have put a damper on our vacation!

We got some good family shots at the bar at Divi 2 summers ago with all those handmade "we were here signs" that are still in decent shape.

Anyone here have one of their signs up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had a sign there from the Finch sisters. I wonder if it is still there.....if you see it, grab it and I'll pay for it!

Since you have been to Brac so many times I was wondering if you have ever dived the "Lost City of Atlantis" underwater art display? I've never gotten there, is it interesting or just gimmicky?

Atlantis Cayman Brac Gallery of Images

I've dove a couple of times ... only because the BRBR wanted to, I would not choose the site. I like the reef. In a way the site has a creepiness to it. All those faces on those mummies are supposedly cast from people that are on (or were) the the island....who's to say one of them is a person whom the artist didn't like, and it's not really a bunch of cement!

Last edited:
Finch sisters. Will keep an eye out for it

If you go looking around, also look for one that says Aggies in Paradise on it. We painted it on our Honeymoon in August 1995. Would be interesting to see a picture of it if it is still there by some miracle.

Back
Top Bottom