Diving in Fort Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArubaDiverJ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I am going to be in Fort Lauderdale this week for a job interview and may have the opportunity to make the move to the area. I was looking for reccomendations on local dive shops and just the diving scene in general down there. I am a new diver with only about 6 dives under my belt. Although hopefully I can greatly increase that number with the move. Also, if you have any general reccomendations on Ft Lauderdale in general please feel free to share them as well. Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you!

John

I've had a great time with Sea Experience and American Dream. Both are in private hotel parking lots so you pay another $5 for parking, but both are worth it.

So I am going to be in Fort Lauderdale this week for a job interview and may have the opportunity to make the move to the area. I was looking for reccomendations on local dive shops and just the diving scene in general down there. I am a new diver with only about 6 dives under my belt. Although hopefully I can greatly increase that number with the move. Also, if you have any general reccomendations on Ft Lauderdale in general please feel free to share them as well. Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you!

John

Personally, I think the diving in Pompano Beach is a little better than Fort Lauderdale proper. The hotels are cheaper too.

For dive ops... Company dive center, South Florida dive HQ, Scubatyme, MissConduct, or just call Force E and have them set you up.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Gold Coast Scuba in Lauderdale by the Sea sponsors a lot of beach dives and has a Meetup Group. They can also arrange for a boat dive though they don't operate their own boat Gold Coast Scuba Divers (954) 616-5909 (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - Meetup

I agree that Pompano is a great place to dive. South Florida Dive HQ goes to a lot of shallow reefs which I think are beautiful: might be just right for your experience level.

I also like Pompano Dive Center and Scubatyme. You'll have to see if they are doing shallow or deeper dives on the day(s) you plan to dive.

Hey, thanks everyone for the recommendations!

ArubaDiverJ, we would be happy to set you up. Give one of our stores a call. We even get great deals on hotels!

If you are moving to this area, Welcome! Force-E has lots of activities including: group trips (both destination and local dive trips), events, parties and a club. We are the proud sponsor of the South Florida Hammerheads and we invite you to attend their next meeting if you are in the area. We can have you hooked up with new dive buddies in no time!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom