Diving in Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, I may be stupid. But I'm definitely not FAT and UGLY. I just hope the reefs are still there when I'm back diving.

Last edited:
Are the currents much like Cozumel? Are there a lot of issues with the bull sharks? NO problem with the safety smb or the whistle. Is the reef colorful or is it more about the spearfishing. I take it diving is year round but issue with wind in the winter. Do most people use larger tanks such 100 or 110. I am nitrox cert and Master diver with about 250 + dives. As well as public safety diver use to 0 vis. But I am not big on certifications meaning expierence. Everyone has their confort levels in conditions they are use to.

I have far fewer dives than you, at 100, but have dove in Jupiter a number of times (no experience in Mexico: all my diving is in Florida). I have always used Jupiter Dive Center while diving in Jupiter: they send a DM (or diveguide) down with each group and, if you stick close to the DM on the first dive or two, I don't see a need to hire a personal DM. At 80-90 feet, a lot of color gets washed out. The reef remains beautiful, but I would not describe it as colorful. I use a 80 cf nitrox tank and can get decent bottom time. A few weeks ago I did the Bonnies (sp?) dive site: max depth was 81 feet (average was probably closer to 73-75 feet) and I got a total dive time of 49 minutes (including 3 minute safety stop). I see quite a few 100 and 110's on the dive boat but plenty of 80 cf too. As far as the currents go, I have experienced virtually zero current (and crappy vis) as well as rollar coaster like dives in Jupiter. Most of the time, the current in Jupiter and WPB is comfortably moderate.

Amazz, where are the better shore dive spots in Jupiter?
In new to the area and tired of driving to LBTS on the weekends.
It would make my homelife a whole lot better if I could get in a dive early and be back home in time to do chores on the weekends.......LOL

Zero, I mean Zero shore diving in Jupiter. Reefs are way too far offshore. You would need to do the Blue Heron Bridge in Riviera Beach for a shore dive. A morning two tanker with Jupiter Dive Center would get you back to the dock just a bit after 1 pm. There is still plenty of time for chores if you are motivated.

Amazz: what about the rubble pile off of Jupiter Beach (which was created in part from the remains of the bridge on Donald Ross that was rebuilt a number of years ago), just south of the hotel that is on the beach (can't remember the name but it is near the intersection of Ocean Way and A1A)--near beach entrance number 13 or 14. I have heard people say that you can beach dive there. I have seen a kayak diver out there once or twice and divers in small motorized boats, but I have only heard, but never seen, that it can be beach dove. I also see fishing boats catching bait fish early in the morning. Do you know if this site can be done as a beach dive??

Quite possibly. I don't know that site. But for the hassle and time involved anyway, you'd be much better off just jumping on a charter. You can do some snorkeling and beach diving at blowing rocks north of the Jupiter Inlet. There is also a site at Coral Cove park just south of Blowing Rocks.

Hey, I may be stupid. But I'm definitely not FAT and UGLY. I just hope the reefs are still there when I'm back diving.

That's a fact - I'd even describe you as :) on the hot side :D

Zero, I mean Zero shore diving in Jupiter. Reefs are way too far offshore. You would need to do the Blue Heron Bridge in Riviera Beach for a shore dive. A morning two tanker with Jupiter Dive Center would get you back to the dock just a bit after 1 pm. There is still plenty of time for chores if you are motivated.

Agree 100% - forget shore diving in Jupiter :no: - however the Blue Heron Bridge is a great dive (at slack high tide)

Jupiter is aweful. There are no fish. No Lobster. The DM's are fat, ugly and stupid. You never see sharks. The only sharks in the water sneak up behind you and eat you. Eight out of ten Divers in Jupiter get lost in the current and left at sea. There is septic Discharge in the water, which either makes you sterile or pregant whichever scares you most.

And lastly SATAN swims around on the Jupiter Ledges and drags peoples souls to Hell...

Gerry says you have tank sherpa duties on your next 2 dives on the Republics. LoL

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom