Diving Sand Dollar in Cozumel - any feedback?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shirsh

Reaction score
I will be diving from a Carnival Cruise in Cozumel on March 22. I belive the cruise line uses Sand Dollar as their diver operator. I have read some good reviews about other diver operators in Cozumel - but not Sand Dollar.

Does anyone know anything about them? I am still deciding whether to go with the Carnival diver operator or set up something outside of the cruise line.

We've been diving with Sand Dollar for several years.
They've always treated us great.

In fact, we just got back last month (after a week of diving w/Sand Dollar), and they were Top Notch.

I'd use them without hesitation.

Jeff.

Last edited:
I'm confused. Why are you posting in the market place section with a question? I thought this was "A place for posting about upcoming trips, classes and other events, whether they are non-commercial or commercial in nature."

I will be diving from a Carnival Cruise in Cozumel on March 22. I belive the cruise line uses Sand Dollar as their diver operator. I have read some good reviews about other diver operators in Cozumel - but not Sand Dollar.

Does anyone know anything about them? I am still deciding whether to go with the Carnival diver operator or set up something outside of the cruise line.

Hello there,
Thanks for the inquiry, We have been working with cruiseline insutry for 25 years here in Cozumel. It should speak for itself the fact that we are the exclusive dive operations of all the major cruise lines in the most actuve port of the world. Since cruis elines are based out of the states they can get sued from the states so the cruise lines are very particular about who they work with from island to island.
I am sure you will have an enjoyable time and you will see this is first class operation.

Just an FYI: due to the difference in nature, expectations and general level of the majority of hotel based divers, we do NOT mix our cruise ship guests with our hotel guests.

I hope this helps and I hope to see you soon!

Rodrigo Ferriol
Director of Operations
Dive Resort Manager
Sand Dollar Sports
Resort & Cruise
dive@sanddollarsports.com
Sand Dollar Sports. Cozumel, Mexico.
52 987 872 9300 Wyndham Dive Shop
52 987 872 0793 Office
52 987 876 1452 Mobile
"Excellence is our standard"

I dove with Sand Dollar last year, booked through a Carnival cruise. I thought they were very professional and the boat was nice. The only bad part of the experience were the number of other dive groups on the reef, but that had absolutely nothing to do with Sand Dollar. Dive master was great, knew his stuff very well. Thoroughly enjoyable experience. I would certainly dive with them again.

They were much better than the place Carnival uses in Grand Cayman, Don Foster's I believe. Those people cut our second tank dive way short (20 minutes at 35 feet, still had most of my tank left and we were nowhere near a NDL) and on the way back in, we found out it was because they had another booking that they were late for. I thought that was extremely unprofessional and really soured the experience as when you dive, you are in reality paying for your bottom time, and I felt that they cheated me out of a half my second tank.

I've used Sand Dollar from a Royal Carib Cruise about a year ago. They weren't bad, they were attentive, kept an eye on ALL of the divers. Biggest beef was the boat, a converted pontoon boat. It was slow, and I do mean slow! The rest of the operation was good. Just don't make any plans for shortly after the dives, you'll be late! Have fun!

I'm confused. Why are you posting in the market place section with a question? I thought this was "A place for posting about upcoming trips, classes and other events, whether they are non-commercial or commercial in nature."
It's common to see threads in wrong forums. I'll ask for it to be moved. You just click Report and explain.
Hello there,
Thanks for the inquiry, We have been working with cruiseline insutry for 25 years here in Cozumel. It should speak for itself the fact that we are the exclusive dive operations of all the major cruise lines in the most actuve port of the world. Since cruis elines are based out of the states they can get sued from the states so the cruise lines are very particular about who they work with from island to island.
I am sure you will have an enjoyable time and you will see this is first class operation.

Just an FYI: due to the difference in nature, expectations and general level of the majority of hotel based divers, we do NOT mix our cruise ship guests with our hotel guests.

I hope this helps and I hope to see you soon!
Thanks for responding. I just hope the OP and others do not feel intimidated about posting about your operation. I'm sure you have a good business, but can't please everyone, and we do encourage free posting of opinions here - usually. I have been shouted down at times when the Op I didn't like was popular with many others here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom