DIY Back Plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JUst returned (2 weeks ago) from Puerto Galera, where I notched up dive no 1001, my 33rd birthday and my biggest single dive purchase.

My trusty Tusa Liberator and Scubapro regs were donated (for a small consideration) to a friend of mine and I splurged on....

Halcyon Pioneer w/ Ally plate and Apeks ATX200 w ATX50 Octo.

I can honestly say it's the best equipment I've ever managed to find and with measureable results. I'm normally good with air, but even after 6 months out of the water, I was surfacing from 30m dives / 50 mins with damn near half-a-tank left over, which must only be down to additional comfort and minimised drag.

I've done a fair bit of tech diving & decided the sensible thing to do was to get my rec gear as close to tech as possible for familiarity.

It's not cheap, I blew 70K peso all in, and that was through a club discount with Techasia.

If you can afford it, however, it's worth every cent.

Cheers,

Larry

Edit - just realised my 'logged dives' is out of date

congrats on 1001! (and happy birthday!) no better way to celebrate a day than treating yourself to a great treat...

that being said... i'd have to start selling myself on the street for 70k hahahahahahaha

but yeah... i can imagine...

Jag

thepurplehammerhead:

Halcyon Pioneer w/ Ally plate and Apeks ATX200 w ATX50 Octo.

It's not cheap, I blew 70K peso all in, and that was through a club discount with Techasia.

If you can afford it, however, it's worth every cent.

Cheers,

Larry

well there you go !!! another convert !!!

VoloaP:
i can see all the stuffs divers want to see while drinking Beer, all i have to do is switch on the cable TV.....

for me, why the heck would i go through all that expense and effort when i can see all them watching Discovery Channel and Nat'l Geo. and more

Sheeshssss........ divers.... what a bunch of $#%^$@#$ a bunch of people running away from reality under the guise of sport. masochist.....

Wow, a Philippine troll. News reports a first in spying at the White House by a pinoy now this. :wink:

I know what you mean. I can watch all the sports on TV while drinking San Migs ... why bother doing it? Much cheaper this way. Hell, I can watch all the sex on TV too ... why bother doing that (much cheaper and less consequencies). :11:

i had the time over lunch to swing by scuba stop today... it's owned by a certain "gordon" (forgot to get a card) who goes by the name twomixdiver here on SB (lurker on the PPD)

i spent a good hour there with his tech diver friend Joey and he really ran me through the whole backplate thing (they sell OMS, DiveRite and EXD)

i even got to try on a rig...

it's official... i am turning to the dark side... i want a bp/w!!! i really hope i have a wonderful time when i try out jai's rig during my rescue course... it's the last nudge to make it absolutly final... pero i'm practically there... aside from all the pros i've read here and around SB, it's cheaper than a decent BCD... imagine that...

now, that being said, i am officially offering my prostitutive services to anyone who needs it with the goal of getting myself a bp/w rig... EXD 30lb wing, SS bp (the diverite was on sale), and harness

am willing to do video, graphic and web services... i can also dance naked with or without steel poles although dapat may reg narin na kasama yun...

i'm also accepting donations to the get-jag-a-bp/w fund... your names will be etched on the bp as donors...

Jag

i regret reading this thread...seduction from the the dark side hehehe
starwars.gif

I have 2 Halcyon's for sale one for 22T 2nd hand and the other for 25T brand new. btw, this is the brand used in "Into the Blue". :)

Back
Top Bottom