Do dive computers require annual inspections?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ramsy make sure you give him a copy of your receipt so when they send it to aqualung they will see that it is under warranty. I would not give him my only copy.

When they do an annual service they change the o-ring, recalibrate, update the software and pressure check the computer I forgot and put a new battery in as well.

a LDS doesn't have the ability to 'recalibrate' anything, and in all my 9 yrs of diving I have only encountered ONE dive shop with a "pressure pot" (which the LDS had homemade) in which a dive computer could be 'pressure checked'....so that's either BS or you're saying the LDS is actually shipping the computer back to the manufacturer to perform this 'annual'.

May I kindly suggest two things:

First, contact AquaLung/Suunto and report to them what your exchange was at Sport Chalet. Next, I would go contact Sport Chalet corporate office and report to them what your exchange was with Dave.

As for what could be done during an inspection - the best you are going to get is a battery change which for Suunto includes a new oring and a few other bits.

Also to my knowledge Suunto does not do any software updates for any of their computers. If an update is required it is done via a recall which IIRC was done on the D9???

a LDS doesn't have the ability to 'recalibrate' anything, and in all my 9 yrs of diving I have only encountered ONE dive shop with a "pressure pot" (which the LDS had homemade) in which a dive computer could be 'pressure checked'....so that's either BS or you're saying the LDS is actually shipping the computer back to the manufacturer to perform this 'annual'.

What I said is for a annual service which is different then a annual inspection. An annual inspection checks the depth and pre-dive plan and changes the battery.
And there are five dive centers that and do an annual service other than aqualung.

Guys, be nice. We all know Dave normally works in the bicycle department and only fills in at the SCUBA department at lunch time.

Once again the LDS shoots itself in the foot......

3462170271_32630169b3_o.gif

I don't know about anyone else but I don't exactly consider sport chalet to be an LDS. To me, they are a sporting goods store that happens to carry a somewhat limited selection of dive gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom