do you log "solo" dives in your log book?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seadoggirl:
I agree log everything over 15 feet. I also write notes about fish, etc. Since I dive every weekend it helps me remember what I did when from year to year. I also have a program that adds my pictures to the log on the laptop and try to track changes due to hurricanes, etc from year to year. It is just plain cool to relive it between dives.

Hey seadoggirl, that sounds like an interesting program. What is it called and where did you get it?

Charles

A dive is a dive, if you have a buddy or alone. I always log my solo dives, its an important record of your dive. Under signature I just put Solo.

Walter:
I'm a solo diver. I have 485 logged solo dives.
And he has the Sharks Teeth to prove it. Some are still attached to the shark. :D

Gary D.

I don't log my solo dives - the scuba police could read my log book and arrest me....

Walter:
I'm a solo diver. I have 485 logged solo dives.

Yes but if they aren't signed by a notory or your mother, how do we know that you really did them.

seadoggirl:
I agree log everything over 15 feet. I also write notes about fish, etc. Since I dive every weekend it helps me remember what I did when from year to year. I also have a program that adds my pictures to the log on the laptop and try to track changes due to hurricanes, etc from year to year. It is just plain cool to relive it between dives.

Even if you did them, for all we know they may not have been below 15 ft.

My computer logs it all then I just print it occasionally. I don't pay much attn to who's along with me. My paper log got wet and stuck together, Im just glad I didnt have any outstanding courses to try to prove dives for. If anyone ever asks Ill show them the remnants I guess.

Would you log a 13' dive for 3 minutes?

Gary D.

If my solo dive was a dive I'll log it, but for example last weekend my computer logged a dive I did, except it wasn't really a dive.

A wetsuit diver asked me about the feet first ascent and if classes were really needed for drysuits. I dropped down to 7 feet and added air to the drysuit until my feet started up. I explained before what would happen and what to look for, how we recover from it, the demo took less than a minute and the computer logged it as a dive. My buddy was on the shore watching so I was solo, but I don't really count it as a dive in my paper log. In the electronic downloaded log I explained it so I'd know for future reference why my computer logged a dive of 7 feet for 0 minutes.

So, not all my dives are logged even if the computer called it a dive because IMO not all things are dives.

Solo or not I regret not logging my dives over the past 15 years. Just one of those things that got away from me. I just didnt see the purpose. I did it to move forward to the next crts and that was all.

The other day though, a friend of mine of 20 years showed me his log book. I was looking through it amazed at the details he kept. The thing was, we had had gone to many countrys together and had done many many dives together. As i was reading it had reminded me of times that I had forgotten about, hell even places and the girlfriend at the time!!! What a shame.

For no other reason than just the lost memories.....solo or not I am going to pick up the habit and do it. Not for anyone else........just me. Notary or not

Back
Top Bottom