do you log "solo" dives in your log book?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I make my own log pages, I don't even make a special place for someone to sign like in the logs you buy. I had logs signed when I first got certified because they tell you to in class, but soon realized there was no point. I might jot down who I dove with if it wasn't my usual buddy.

A log is mostly for you to remember stuff and I assume you'd want to remember solo dives as much as any. It's also useful to know about how many dives you have because people do ask that. It's not like sigs are really proof of anything, or the log is even proof of anything, really.

The great majority of my dives are solo and they all get logged on my web site (for international access)

catherine96821:
solo divers don't log.

basically.

Now...maybe nemrod and captain do....

Hi Catherine, what makes you say this? Is this tongue in cheek?

I log my dives whether solo or with a buddy. I don't keep a log to prove anything - it's to refresh my memory. My logbook is a journal of my experiences.

MikeFerrara:
Yes but if they aren't signed by a notory or your mother, how do we know that you really did them.

Mike, that's the beauty of it - you don't. Of course, you still wouldn't know even if they were signed by a notary or that it really was a notary who signed the book.

I make my own log pages, too. I've added a solo to the page for solo dives.

Atticus:
I don't keep a log to prove anything - it's to refresh my memory. My logbook is a journal of my experiences.

That's what I do. I don't have a camera on my dives, so I put comments on the dive in my log book. I guess if I was diving solo I'd do that as well.

I certainly log all my solo dives. Of course, my buddy/pony bottle, Jonathan Dougherty, signs all of them. :D

Incidentally, I dove a quarry a while back that was completely befuddled by the fact that NAUI doesn't put numbers on their recreational cards anymore. The guy went looked at my AOW card, then he studied my Nitrox card... after a few more minutes, he checked out my basic card... I felt like just telling him to use the number from my DAN card, as it would at least refer to me. (I think he finally wrote down one of the instructor numbers from my card collection, just so he'd have *something*. It was funny.)

What happened to diving with a buddy?

I still dive with a buddy sometimes...

khblair:
What happened to diving with a buddy?
Ah, now that is a topic for a whole 'nother forum, but since you ask, how about joining me in Panama City Beach, FL, tomorrow at about 9am? My significant buddy can't make it, as she's about 7,251 miles away right now, but I'm really very personable. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom