Do you test your nitrox?

Do you test O2 concentration of your nitrox tank?

• Before every dive.

Votes: 258 94.9%
  • Before most dive.

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Rarely.

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Never.

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sample the CB air before the compressor, after the compressor but before the tank while filling, and...
if that isn't anal enough, I test the cylinder after I'm done filling, to just to be sure.
is that too much testing?

Most definitely YES. HOWEVER, I don't have my own analyzer. If I'm away from my LDS, I usually ask to watch it being performed (as well as the calibration!).

My LDS will hand me one of their sensors, point me to a bottle of air to calibrate and then check the nitrox mix myself. They won't let me leave until *I* check it, document the MOD and sign for it.

...steve...

stever2002:
My LDS will hand me one of their sensors, point me to a bottle of air to calibrate and then check the nitrox mix myself. They won't let me leave until *I* check it, document the MOD and sign for it.

How do you know that you are calibrating to air?

fisherdvm:
Do you test every nitrox tank you use, or do you just trust the supplier?
Always analyze every nitrox tank you use. Never trust someone else to do it for you.

No kidding ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

i analyze when i pick up the tanks at the shop
and then before i use the tanks, and then periodically if i do not use the tanks.

for $100 you can buy an O2 analyzer

pretty cheap for the peace of mind knowing exactly what you're breathing.

dave

My LDS (Divers Supply) won't let anyone take tanks (either their own or rentals) out of the store until they analyze the mixture, document the tank and sign the NITROX log..

Yes, and another thought on testing (picked up here) .. you might want to consider testing your air fills as well, if the place your getting them from does nitrox too

I mix my own gasses and I ALWAYS test them. I anayze my gas when I mix it and again on the day of the dive. There is no excuse to do otherwise.

fisherdvm:
............ or do you just trust the supplier?

:rofl3:

I test O2 for Nitrox and periodically CO (always for first time tanks from a new supplier)

Mike

Back
Top Bottom