Do you test your nitrox?

Do you test O2 concentration of your nitrox tank?

• Before every dive.

Votes: 258 94.9%
  • Before most dive.

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Rarely.

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Never.

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i always test and do not own a o2 analyzer. every shop i've rented nitrox tanks from actually required me to test it and sign off (which i think is great practice).

Where can you find an analyzer for $100?

dtdiver:
i analyze when i pick up the tanks at the shop
and then before i use the tanks, and then periodically if i do not use the tanks.

for $100 you can buy an O2 analyzer

pretty cheap for the peace of mind knowing exactly what you're breathing.

dave

Where can you find an analyzer for $100?

stever2002:
My LDS will hand me one of their sensors, point me to a bottle of air to calibrate and then check the nitrox mix myself. They won't let me leave until *I* check it, document the MOD and sign for it.

...steve...

I can't say I agree with shops that require people to document MOD. After all, some people may decide that 1.6 or more is acceptable for a bottom mix (personally, I shoot for 1.2-1.4, but it really depends), and I imagine arguments would ensue.

That said, it's good practice to require analysis.

Dont think I would use a shop that would just let me take my tanks without testing them....Plus I just like having the peace of mind, so I always test.

fisherdvm:
Do you test every nitrox tank you use, or do you just trust the supplier?

I have my own O2 analyzer, so it is easy for me to do the testing myself.

I test them when I pick them up at the store, and I test them again before the dive. So that comes to twice, per tank.

At the store, I use the store's analyzer. At home, I use my own. That way, my second test becomes a validation of the two analyzers as well.

Yep..analyze and sign the log at the LDS, and if someone has an analyzer where we're diving, I just give it a quick check for the heck of it!

In fact last week when I picked up my cylinders one was still getting filled. WHen it was finished, the guy checked it..wrote in the book, then I checked it and signed it off.

Don't be stupid and trust anyone that does your fills...they don't get offended by it! (at least at my LDS)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom