Do you test your nitrox?

Do you test O2 concentration of your nitrox tank?

• Before every dive.

Votes: 258 94.9%
  • Before most dive.

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Rarely.

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Never.

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hickdive:
I just calibrate to the air surrounding me, unless there's a politician in the room beside me I can be pretty sure that's 20.9% O2.

Someone once posted a chart (or link to a chart) that showed how to calibrate to air, taking humidity into consideration. That could be worth printing and keeping in our log books. Just another thought.

Good Thread.
...steve...

Do I test my nitrox?

You bet your sweet bippie I do ! ! !

the K-onstant K-alibrator

I analyze all tanks that come from a shop that fills anything more than air. If all they're capable of filling is air, then I don't bother. As for when I analyze, it depends. If I'm getting banked air and I have some leeway on the percentage because of my max depth, I just analyze at the site before the dive. If I'm getting a PPB mix, then I analyze at the shop and at the site right before the dive. Most of the shops I get fills at don't require me or anyone else to analyze before I leave...probably because they know we will do it.

stever2002:
Someone once posted a chart (or link to a chart) that showed how to calibrate to air, taking humidity into consideration. That could be worth printing and keeping in our log books. Just another thought.

Good Thread.
...steve...

My analox sensor has a chart of calibration adjustments for temperature, humidity and altitude - it comes attached to the actual analyser.

Why doesn't the poll have the option-I test when I accept it from the person who filled it.

DennisS:
Why doesn't the poll have the option-I test when I accept it from the person who filled it.
It does, or do you not accept it before the dive?

If you analyze it during the dive on which you use it, that would not be covered by any of the options. Of course, for that matter, after the dive isn't covered, either. (Of course, if you don't analyze it before, chances are any post-dive analysis won't be done by you but rather by the investigators.)

The poll is not about timing. It is about frequency (specifically, about frequency of using non-analyzed nitrox). Rephrased, the poll and options directly map to:
How often do you dive nitrox without having analyzed it (or directly witnessed it being analyzed)?
  • Never
  • Occasionally
  • Sometimes (or often)
  • Always

I have to test it, mark the tank and sign the log book before leaving the shop. I wouldn't get a fill from a shop that didn't do this.

fisherdvm:
Do you test every nitrox tank you use, or do you just trust the supplier?
Without fail. Every EANx dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom