Dress for success

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't see anyone attacking DIR here now - a couple of people in full defensive array maybe!:D Hey - I even gave up smoking this year - DIR-F might still see me yet!

Actually - if you were really expecting just a hostile reaction I don't understand why you posted this thread here. As it is - I'm glad that you did as I'm sure that there will be at least a few from our more than 30,000 members who are interested.

Back to the book - is this some kind of revision, addition, etc to the original DIR-Fundamentals book? The original book seems to detail the gear (as well as the other tennents of GUE style DIR diving) quite well, was there need to update it or produce a new book? Might be interested in seeing what others write about such things.

Tom R:
This book is about gear configuration for the DIR minded diver, when I read it for the first time my first thought was I wish someone would have told me this or directed me this way first. There are too many people selling DIR like stuff with the wrong gear just because that's what the store sells.

One thing sticks in my mind at the moment it is the backlash alot of divers/instructors/students/salespersons have done lately. Bash and call down DIR walk into their establishments and see what they are selling alot of them are selling DIR-Like equipment and training. Unfortunately some of it is the wrong gear and the diver suffers.

This book explains equipment and the reasons why that particular equipment is configured that way.
But isn't that covered in the DIRF?
Isnt everyone that is DIR already configured the same?

Or is this book directed towards the Non GUE Trained Diver such as myself... A diver who recognises and uses many of the GUE/DIR, / NACD, ISS CD etc...procedures/configuration???

If the Book is half as good as what I hear about Dan's class then it must be worth having in my collection. I will check out the NTD website and see if it's there....IF it's not there, please PM me with Ordering Instuctions.

Happy New Year and Safe Dives in 05

This book is not a replacement for the DIRF book, it is a gear configuration book and has the blessing of GUE. It is well thought out and worth the read, and perfect for those about to take the next step in diving or those that have no gear at all, as well for us seasoned vets of diving.

It's kind of funny cause on another board it was mentioned that this will happened just like this.

Old edition:

To Dan Mackay if you wrote a book BRAVOthat is no easy task to do. I wish you the best in it's distribution. If I get a chance to I will take a look at it. Good Luck

New edition:

To Dan Mackay BRAVO on writing your book, that is no easy task to do. I wish you the best in it's distribution. If I get a chance to I will take a look at it. Good Luck

TomR,

please PM me regarding price and payment options - obviously putting up a link would be commercial, cant really have that i guess. Alternatively if you have it online (price/ordering), send me the link in a PM.

This is what I love about the DIR thing, its an open book to be read or rewritten by any one.

DSV1

PS! my book will be out in June.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom