Drunk Diving at 6m (18ft)....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having a 4 year old daughter and having to hide all harmfull liquids from her makes me think.. how did they know it was rum? did they smell it first?

Fivetide:
Having a 4 year old daughter and having to hide all harmfull liquids from her makes me think.. how did they know it was rum? did they smell it first?

Probably did animal (fish) testing first & watched the reaction. :eyebrow:

Based on "all species -- from worms to mice to humans -- become intoxicated at similar alcohol concentrations"

See page
http://www.healthfinder.gov/news/newsstory.asp?docID=516527

But did you have to kneel while drinking it or did you drink it midwater?

Gary D.:
News Flash!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ship sinks near Syndey.

The other day a ship transporting urine samples across the Pacific hit a couple of stupid divers and sank. It appears the divers survived because they swam off after the collission.

The samples were being transported in booze bottles to speed entry into whatever country they were headed to. It is much easier to get booze into the country than Bio-Hazards.

With the help of some divers, with an IQ in excess of 13, all but one of the bottles were recovered intact. The one remaining bottle had the seal broken and the cap removed allowing the contents to escape.

Anyone making any kind of contact with the urine will feel somewhat intoxicated and have to crawl out of the water shortly after that first contact. Long term problems will turn you into a monkey unable to dive.

Now to complete the testing process we will have to convince Sadam we need another sample.

DA NEWS REPORTER.....

I like your sense of humor!

Hey! Here is a potential Money maker.. "Underwater Drinking Certification" Wonder who will be the first to come out with it.. PADI, SSI, or Naui. :wink:

Ok I'll jump in. after they finished drinking the rum should they have to do a few skills in front of the scuba police to keep from getting hauled off for drunk diving?

Windwalker:
Hey! Here is a potential Money maker.. "Underwater Drinking Certification" Wonder who will be the first to come out with it.. PADI, SSI, or Naui. :wink:

Why P.ay A.nd D.rink I.nstanly I would have to guess.

Hmmm, newbie diver, but not a newbie to alcohol and it's effects...

Sooo, I definately won't be a drunk diver. I wouldn't drink a soda before diving either, nor smoke a doobie. There's a time for everything under the sun, part of the fun of life is to figure out what fits where- as they say, timing is everything. Interesting people in this world, I learned finally, to stop saying, "I never heard of that...". Although some of you are pretty funny-did you salt your rum before, or after you posted?

Send recipes.

Foo

Right, so a couple of divers having a drink at 6M spurs everyone to codemn them as idiots and it will encourage new divers to do likewise, however a couple of months ago someone sugested plugging an old pressurised scuba tank full of bullet holes, and most everyone agreed it was a great stunt and suggested various ways to do it. Both stunts equally dumb but because one involved firearms it was allright, i dont get it.

Plus in another thread i got warned for using a word which upset someones idea of what is acceptable, it wasnt swearing it wasnt slang, it wasnt even used for name calling, it is just a word they would not like used in front of their aunts geez what is this place coming too, nanny state

Back
Top Bottom