Drunk Diving at 6m (18ft)....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, now Scuba board has everything, guns, alcohol, teenagers, deep diving, sex, high risk adventure & four letter words. I think I'll stop reading and wait for the movie to come out. Should be a real best seller. :eyebrow:

Albion:
Right, so a couple of divers having a drink at 6M spurs everyone to codemn them as idiots and it will encourage new divers to do likewise, however a couple of months ago someone sugested plugging an old pressurised scuba tank full of bullet holes, and most everyone agreed it was a great stunt and suggested various ways to do it. Both stunts equally dumb but because one involved firearms it was allright, i dont get it.

i don't know, i guess i've been around firearms and fired
enough of them to know that they are safe if properly
handled. a scuba tank is a target, just like any other,
and with minimal precautions (i.e. distance and cover)
it's the same as shooting paper targets.

on the other hand, what if after drinking half a bottle of rum
you run into a problem that requires you to use quick and
clear thinking?

do YOU think that's safe?

Albion:
Plus in another thread i got warned for using a word which upset someones idea of what is acceptable, it wasnt swearing it wasnt slang, it wasnt even used for name calling, it is just a word they would not like used in front of their aunts geez what is this place coming too, nanny state

Probably! like everywhere else...

Although we do disagree in our views on the original post, I havent seen anything you or anyone else has written that I've been offended by, that's totally different to disagreeing with someone!

Coogee and Bondi,

Yep........... we like to call them West Auckland...........

sgtmnstr,

I agree with the others. I might be self righteous but I want to survive to dive another day.

PADI OWSI 64323
USAF MSGT retired

Albion:
You guys are sounding just a bit too serious, i bet you have never gone over the speed limit either.

I thought speed limits were recommendations, and minimums...

SueMermaid:
For my friend's 100th dive, we brought down a bottle of champagne with us, and opened it at 40'. We held it upside down with our thumb over the bottle, and passed it around. (there were six of us). We managed to drink most of it, and to this day, even when I drink a really good glass of champagne, I can't help but to think it needs salt.

I like a good drink as much as the next person, but my underwater beverage consumption is limited to foil packeted juice drinks. There's a juice drink here that comes with a straw. The straw keeps a nice seal when inserted. Just let a minute amount escape through the straw to prevent drinking in sea water, and then drink away. Helps prevent that usual dry mouth feeling. Whatever cranks your wheel, I guess... :dazzler1:

my guess is that the guy knew the rum wsas there because he had put it there before. I spoke with a `guy from Belgium who told me of an instructor (not PADI) that took his student on a deep dive with only 50 bar in the student's tank. When they got to 40m the student saw they had 10 bar, went into a panic and did an uncontrolled ascent and died. That was the second incident brought on by the instructor. Safety can not be tampered with.

On the boat just one beer disqualifies us from any diving. Alcohol impares judgement and creates certain physiological changes not conducive to diving. Imagine the combination of alcohol influence and nitrogen narcosis. Also, once we break a rule it is easy to do it again and with different things. Having just taken my rescue course my head is full of stories shared by my instructors. I heard alot about practicing safety in diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom