dry snorkel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMO, snorkels aren't for diving. I don't wear mine diving, only for snorkeling itself - so its a moot point...

Ber Rabbit once bubbled...
Depends on what you want to use the snorkel for. A dry snorkel is GREAT for snorkeling but a royal PEST for a scuba diver because it spends most of its time just hanging there. You're correct, it is bulky and it will be whacking you in the head while you dive.

I agree with Ber Rabbit. The bulky snorkels just sit there and get in your way. Whenever I went for my low pressure inflater, I would grab my snorkel instead. :(

I love my dry snorkle and use it every time I go snorkling. Never while diving. :)

Raposarose,
I just purchased two dry snorkels, XS Scuba Sedona's from Leisure Pro. they were cheap, $19 ea, and they worked fine. You are only going to use them snorkeling but they came in handy in Cozumel when we wanted to go out from the hotel to snorkel a bit. I think I took my snorkel once when I started diving and never again!
Don't spend a lot and still stay dry !!

Have Fun,
ALS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom