Dry Suit - now I get it...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gareth,

Good eye it is a whites suit I am debating dry glove rings however I dont dive it in cold enough water to justify it most of the time.

When the water warms up I switch from dry to wet I use my DS to extend my season you may want to look into getting dry gloves later on they are amazing
I don't even dive wet anymore. Love my drysuit, even gonna take it to the tropics next time. I love the cozy feeling in my suit.

Lead on your belt can be traded for steel on your back.
Consider a balanced rig in doubles?
Balanced Rig | 8/of9 | Scuba Buoyancy Masterclass

I did intentionally use my AL 80 that was about half full. I figured I wanted to know what was the most lead I was going to need when I dive. So I bought a Mako rubber belt and I am going to see if I can start learning to dive with less weight...
The steel tanks should help - Double BM or SM? hmmmnnnnn... my wife will shoot me... lol

I did intentionally use my AL 80 that was about half full.
I thought so. You are in good shape, no way it would take that much to sink you.
The steel tanks should help - Double BM or SM?
Try them both first, I'll bring a set of 72's next time. I have more than enough manifolds. You have two tanks coming, take your pick as to how you want them. Same price. I'll even throw in an old OMS steel backplate to help you cross over to the other side. :wink:

AJ:
I don't even dive wet anymore. Love my drysuit, even gonna take it to the tropics next time. I love the cozy feeling in my suit.
I know lots of people who dI've dry all year round and I know a lot of divers who use both wet and dry to each their own

I havent tried dry gloves only because I am cheap I usually use wet gloves however since I have rings on my suit I am tempted to try the pull over gloves not sure if this is an option on your suit or not.

Actually it is an option - I have not pulled the trigger yet - still waiting for my wife to relax after the initial sticker shock of the drysuit... Maybe for Christmas next year? lol

Actually it is an option - I have not pulled the trigger yet - still waiting for my wife to relax after the initial sticker shock of the drysuit... Maybe for Christmas next year? lol
If you are like me you will decide you need something and it will appear before Christmas.

My wife cringes when she hears I am going to the dive shop since it seems I always come out of there with something I didn't intend to buy
Its always more effort than its worth to buy something from my local dive shop so it is when the UPS truck is in the neighborhood that my wife cringes. Amazon DRIS eBay and DGX are dangerous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom