Dry suits and Catheters...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it's even funner to have a 22mm on hand for a loaner.... bugger won't even fit on most pinky fingers.... LOL!

That's an "Irish Large"

:shocked2:

LMAO, Ok, awesome advice, thanks very much. Not to mention the good pointers about removing a fresh one. I do like the one about having the jumbo, and loaning it out....of course you also have to give the ladies the eye as you hand the extra large over to your buddy.

I actually have a pretty good collection of syringes in my tool box (long story, but I never throw anything away...LOL) and have already figured out the whole flushing thing, simple green with a backer of vinegar and water does wonders.
This is exactly what I was looking for,
Thanks all!
Oh, and food for thought, anyone toss a dye pellet into the tube prior to the dive? This way, when you remove the valve and let go with a stream, you get pretty colors flowing....
I don't know why that just occurred to me, perhaps it was the discussion, or too much cough syrup.

And here's a key piece of advice: Always keep at least one of the largest size condom caths available (40mm) in your save-a-dive kit. This way when someone forgets to bring one you can say "Here dude, I've got an extra..."

The look on their face when they come out of the head after "trying it on" is priceless. Not to mention the new-found respect they'll have for you...

:eyebrow:

:rofl3::rofl3: Priceless, simply priceless!

anyone toss a dye pellet into the tube prior to the dive? This way, when you remove the valve and let go with a stream
Yep, I prefer the burgundy RIT tab. That way people think you have a serious issue when you go. It works better if you have a painful look on your face too. :crying2:
But there are side effects... don't expect your wife to pay any attention to you and your new colors for a week.:idk:

1+

Rochester medical had a big price increase this year for Wide Bands. I used to be a dealer, could get them for $0.90 each. The last time I inquired I think they were like $2 each.

I would buy as many of the Wide Bands as you can afford from the Lighthouse for the Blind, like Meng Tzez suggested, while they're still in stock. As soon as they start restocking at the new price, you'll see a big jump in price.

BTW, Waxing makes it easier to remove the Wide Bands.

:rofl3:
This is the funniest thread yet!!! Someone ought to put this in humor!!!

(I will never dive a dry suit.)

everybody write that down...nobody's ever had to eat those words before! :D

I know a guy, who shall remain nameless, who puts an extra layer of industrial strength duct tape around the catheter. This way even in the coldest of the coldest dives (think shrinkage) he is ensured a secure fit.

Too funny having gals giving advice on this "matter".
I wonder what kind of reaction a guy would get on the She-P thread. :wink:

I don't know if Rochester still sends a penis gage with their sample kit.
It should bring many points on a treasure hunt...:eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom