Drysuit condom catheter sizing help & questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How am I going to get ready to don a condom catheter in a parking lot in broad daylight? You do know you need to enlarge Jr. some to don the catheter? :wink:

Its easy. Who told you you need to "enlarge Jr." to don a catheter?

Always be sure to carry one of the largest sized condoms with you in your save a dive kit. I believe there is a 48mm size. This will come in handy when someone on the boat says they forgot to bring one. Being a helpful diver you can say "Here... I've got an extra" and hand them one of these.

The look on their face - and new-found respect they will have for you - when they emerge from the head after trying to "don" that thing is well worth the few dollars to buy it.

I didn't know they made then bigger than 42mm. I will have to try one of thoses (48) to see if it will fit better ;-)

I didn't know they made then bigger than 42mm. I will have to try one of thoses (48) to see if it will fit better ;-)

Yeah the 48mm are okay if you leave them stretched over the neck of a pony cylinder for a day or so to slacken them before use.

HERE (ya big kitty):

sizing%20chart%201.jpg

---------- Post added January 28th, 2015 at 11:49 AM ----------

c) By downloading the sizing chart pdf-file. Click here

So... I know being a girl _and_ answering here might seem odd, however I am a nurse...
so.. apart from some of the magnificent advice you have already gotten here, my tips are:
Get the testpack from rochester or coloplast. They have different types. The one I have seen most commonly amongst my divebuddies is the Wideband by Rochester. However, If you are bothered by the length of the glued area, the Ultra-Flex might be a good option.
Prepare "the garden". A good shave saves a lot of tears and agony!
When the time comes to put it on, remember, although it is commonly called a condom catheter, it is not to be put on like a condom. As you will 99% of the time not be "standing tall and proud" you need to remember to actually pull the foreskin to the front. (Unless you can't) (Allright.. I know... too much details) However... as a nurse I have seen a few students make the mistake to put it on with the foreskin back, and that will hurt when taking it off agin.
Keep it clean, and mind the skin. If you are particularly sensitive, the use of a barrier can help. This one for eksample will not ruin the effect of the glue, whilst protecting your skin. Brava® Skin Barrier

If you are particularly sensitive, the use of a barrier can help. This one for eksample will not ruin the effect of the glue, whilst protecting your skin. Brava® Skin Barrier

That's awesome. I didn't even know that existed. Nice one..........................................for a girl.

Attachments

• 2014-06-17-16-50-13.jpg
    2014-06-17-16-50-13.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 620
Last edited:
My two cents:
Don't worry and hesitate. Most male dry suit user had the same questions.
I buy Wide Band from here. 100 for $114, so you probably will need to split it with friends on the same size, as they don't mix different sizes in one order of 100.
Here you can find explanation of different between different item types (different form and amount of glue).
And here you can find sizing chart.
Pay attention to print the first page in "True picture size" and not "Fit/adjust to paper size".
Put your small buddy on printed page and see the FIRST size when you will be able to see both lines.
You can ask to send you 1-2 samples of each size.
Shave the area before you will try !!!!
Once will not and will doubts or to ask somebody to help or call 911 :)
When you check a size and also when you put it on, don't think about Hooters calendar.
Believe, the item is stretched enough even if you will meet up on you nice snorkeling group in shallow water on way back.
Too big size may not glue tight enough and you may lose all dry suit benefits.
I don't see any reason to wear it at home. I think you always can find secret place for 2 minutes.
But I not remove it between dives in the same day, some people does.
P.S. Advice : Buy also one of maximum available size and accidentally put it on table. It makes interesting effect on male and female divers around :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom