Drysuit condom catheter sizing help & questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are all a bit different... I had far too many come off after a few hours in 30 something degree f water (widebands too). Other than getting them on, no issues since going down a size. ;-)
"Luckily" for me, I'm diving in my drysuit in pretty consistent temperature water (between 50 and 60 degrees F). So I have to ask, when you say "other than getting them on" do you have to do any "forcing" yourself into the catheter tip or do you still simply cap your unit and roll the cath down?

Some humor...

On a dive boat a couple years ago, a man said he needed a 48mm. His wife (assuming it was wife) interrupts and says "yeah, if you want to throw your little hot dog down a hallway!" Yep, she used that joke on him. I wasn't aware a man could turn that shade of red. Good times.

An update on Rochester Medical:
It took 3 emails, and 3 phone calls (none of which were answered) to hear back from them. They would NOT send out any samples. All they would do is send out a brochure with a measuring gauge. They also mentioned something about needing a prescription and then I'd have to contact a distributor, etc etc.

It totally sucked. At least I'll have a rough idea of what size to order.

It took 3 emails, and 3 phone calls (none of which were answered) to hear back from them. They would NOT send out any samples. All they would do is send out a brochure with a measuring gauge. They also mentioned something about needing a prescription and then I'd have to contact a distributor, etc etc.

I recall having a similar experience with RM, but eventually got through to them via a direct email request. I wonder if they got too many sample kit requests from non-medical folks? It was a nice kit too because it included a thigh bag and extra hoses to "test" out, but other than the 9 condom caths and sizing guide they sent, all the rest wasn't really necessary for my diving purposes.

You might want to try one of the medical supply dealers online for a sample kit, or you could just order a few to try out yourself for less than ~$10. I use Vitality Medical but there are a bunch of them that send orders out without a prescription.

Damn...so a piece of latex to wrap around your willie requires a prescription now???

What is this world coming to??

I bought a few RM wide bands last year. If you buy through a distributor, they don't care about a prescription. ~$1.30 per at 144 count.

You can download the measuring gauge from their webpage. They are available to buy at many places online. I typically buy in lots of 25 for ~$1.44 and free shipping.

I've never needed any sort of prescription. Perhaps I can get one and have insurance cover the cost. Would be nice to piss at my desk throughout the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Luckily" for me, I'm diving in my drysuit in pretty consistent temperature water (between 50 and 60 degrees F). So I have to ask, when you say "other than getting them on" do you have to do any "forcing" yourself into the catheter tip or do you still simply cap your unit and roll the cath down?
I use the widebands, so cap and roll works well. I've found that with proper routing and care to not twist the tip, a little extra material on the tip does not affect the functioning of the pee valve.

Damn...so a piece of latex to wrap around your willie requires a prescription now???

What is this world coming to??

If PADI gets wind of this thread it will be a specialty before long, with an associated C Card and all.

The Condom Cath specialty. Requires one closed water and one open water dive...dry of course.

LOL

"Ok boys and Girls, does everybody have their Banana? Young man in the back, here is a hotdog instead. Maa'm, are you here as part of the HSA Addendum??"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom