Drysuit selection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdelprete

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Going from wet to dry now. Looking for suggestions, pro's and cons to those out there. Locally DUI and Diving Concepts are what i see. Latex seals or neoprene? Zip seals, dry gloves, etc.....curious about all feedback.

thanks!

I personally won't return to (crushed) neoprene.

Shell suits are lighter to haul around, easier to don, quick to dry, less bulky when diving, and just as warm with the right insulation.

YMMV

BTW, I currently have the DC Ultra Flex Pro custom and I love it.

Thanks Rick, I just saw a DC yesterday and that may have been one of them. Do you have the dry gloves with the large o-ring seals and if so how are those?

I have at SiTec ring system, but if I was doing it again, I would get the built in DC rings. I've seen them on other people's suits and they are clean and robust (:wink: ) looking.

I did rip a neck seal on a boat dive recently and started rethinking the zip seal option. :11:

does DC offer a zip seal option though liek DUI does?

DUI has Zip seals and I love it 'cause I can change from gloves to wrist seals on the fly. I also can repair a damaged seal right away.

I also love the DUI valves. They work all the time. I've used other makes and the first time I used a DUI suit I LOVED it.

Maybe your LDS can rent you different types of suits so you can try them out.

I love my DUI TLS350... I have regular seals, but seeing how it is easy to break them, I will probbaly go witht he ZIP seals (wrists only) on the next turn around.

LS, I was hoping DUI would have a DOG day next year nearby, course I don't want to wait until then, lol. Good to know though...How about the suit make itself, what series are you diving?

I'm diving a DUI CFX450 with zip seals. So far I've only had about 20 dives, but it's been great. Comfortable and no leaks whatsoever.

Personally I vote against the dry gloves. If you choose the ones that connect to the suit, you introduce the possibility of a wet dive if you puncture the glove. If you choose separate dry gloves using a ventilating tube, you will find that they squeeze (and therefore lose insulation) unless you tend to keep your hands higher than the rest of your body. (So, if you do disco dancing U/W, go for it! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom